“Great wine and steak”
Review of Graze - CLOSED

Graze
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, European, British, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertfordshire
“Great wine and steak”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Popped in for a quick meal on a Sunday night and left vey satisfied. Although the restaurant was very quiet and lacking in atmosphere, the service we received was excellent. Great recommendation on the wine and some delicious steaks and burgers.

Visited October 2012
David B, General Manager at Graze, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I am truly pleased that you enjoyed the food and wine. Apologies if the atmosphere was lacking, Sunday nights are something we are working on! Hope to see you again.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visited Graze for a meal in August, and despite some slightly picky demands due to a strange detox plan the restaurant was very accommodating. I had delicious fish, and my brother had what he said was the best burger he had every eaten. Service was also very good. I can thoroughly recommend Graze

• Visited August 2012
David B, General Manager at Graze, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We try very hard to accomodate all dietry restrictions or requests and our kitchen are very happy to alter dishes to suit as far as is possible.
Glad your brother enjoyed the burger... it is quite special!
Cirencester
“Well worth it”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Mixed reviews from friends and colleagues had put us off visiting Graze. We now know what we had been missing: excellent food served by enthusiastic and clearly well-trained staff in a delightful old Cotswold stone building. We will be back. Not cheap but good value given the excellent quality.

David B, General Manager at Graze, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Very kind of you to take the time to write this. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and you were well looked after during your visit.
We hope to see you again and thank you very much.
Cirencester
“A lovely evening.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have had lunch here once and last week went for dinner in a group of 6. When I had lunch, I had the 'menu' and was thoughtfully offered more toast when the pate clearly needed more than included on the dish! None of this 'meal with no bread unless you pay through the teeth nonsense' for Graze. It was calm and comfortable. The menu is not huge but every dish served was good on both visits. The beetroot and goats curd salad was delicious.

Out for the evening with six of us the food was lovely and the staff were flexible waiting for us all to arrive being no problem. The atmosphere was lively and buzzing but I did find it hard to hear the other people at my table speaking even just across the table and I'm only in my 40s so I think it is the environment and lack of soft furnishing rather than my ears! The steaks ordered by three of us were all excellent and the bearnaise sauce was good. They were supposed to be the same cut but looked rather different from each other which is always a bit baffling.

We had some of the Elki red wine which was good and went down very easily.

I did feel on both visits from time to time that the staff occasionally put talking to each other ahead of looking after customers. That said, I think it is a super addition to Cirencester and we will certainly be going back.

• Visited October 2012
David B, General Manager at Graze, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to see you again and I shall certainly be keeping an eye on the less impressive points you mention.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“can't keep their beer”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Interesting but uninspiring. Staff either not interested or all over you - somewhere in between would be good. A Bath Ales establishment which is not able to serve a decent pint of beer - warm, cloudy and not up to scratch. Very busy and vibrant when they first opened - as lots of places in Cirencester - but now lacking .........in atmosphere and service. There is a bar area but nowhere to sit and have a drink as tables near the bar area are blocked off.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jezebel_12
David B, General Manager at Graze, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I'm so sorry you had such a disappointing experience with us, and am concerned about some of the observations you have made.
I am surprised, first of all, to hear that you did not feel looked after properly, we often have such positive comments made about our staff and quality of service is extremely important to us with extensive and continual training taking place throughout the establishment. If the team let you down on this occasion I am truly sorry.
As a Bath Ales establishment we take our beer very seriously and work very hard to maintain a consistently well looked after product. Our ales are drawn through chilled lines from barrels kept in a cooler chilled cellar with a managed temperature.. there should never be a warm pint served. We receive a delivery once a week of fresh barrels and employ several team members who understand the correct procedures in conditioning and keeping beer... there should never be a cloudy pint served. If these standards were not reached on the day in question then I shall certainly investigate.
Finally I must object to your final statements, I am happy to state that we are still a vibrantly busy business and enjoy catering to a good number of loyal regulars as well as to tourists and locals alike. We never block off any tables and customers are invited to sit wherever they are comfortable.

Again, I am sorry that you were unsatisfied by your visit, if you would like to speak further about any of your concerns please feel free to email me: grazeciren@bathales.co.uk
Also, I urge you to try us again, make yourself known to me and allow us a second chance at accommodating you in a more satisfactory manner.