“Great town centre eatery!”
Review of Made by Bob

Made by Bob
Ranked #12 of 126 Restaurants in Cirencester
Cuisines: British, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Great town centre eatery!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Dropped in while shopping for a great lunch, modern, bustling and busy atmosphere. Good value and food but not easy to converse if you are keen to hear every word.

Visited December 2012

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Well up there”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went here recently for lunch with family. In these days of endless gastro pubs and bistros this is a cut above the rest. A relatively short and simple menu that apparently doesn't change that much involving dishes that are obviously well practiced. My wife had the legendary fish soup with aioli, cheese and croutons - a meal in itself. My daughter had sardines with couscous which she much enjoyed. I had grilled aubergine with tabouleh. Not an easy thing to get flavour in to but they managed to achieve it. I loved it. No puddings but I had an afogato - don't understand why more places don't do those. It's only espresso and ice cream but a combination made in heaven, and so simple. I like the open plan set up and the fact that you can see the cooking going on. Nice buzz to it although I wish more restaurants would consider their acoustics so us old folks can hear above the hubbub! Worth a detour or a specific trip.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank oldbutkeen
Cirencester
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Enjoyed a lazy lunch over a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon. The food was delicious, I had risotto made with picante morcela. The open plan dining and kitchen area was busy, but still maintained a relaxed feel. Helpful and attentive, not intrusive service.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank HitmanHowieT
Tallmadge, Ohio
“busy eatery in heart-of-town arcade”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great stop before or after the antique sale on Friday or the Craft sale on Saturday as well as shops around. Pricey coffee compared to shop very close to parish church - but meals I saw appeared generous and the place was very busy even early in January.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank cairns4
Cheltenham
“WON'T BE FOOLED AGAIN”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We don't get out much - you know how it is, every penny counts in these straitened times - so when we do, we think carefully before we chose the venue. We had been to Made By Bob once before shortly after it opened and loved it. As ex-Londoners, it was a real pleasure to feel the informal buzz of the sort of eaterie that is commonplace in the capital but unusual outside the M4 corridor. And we particularly enjoyed the 'bistro' style of cooking. So we saved our pennies for a pre-Christmas treat.
Nowadays, the length of the queue is daunting and is a measure of the success that Made By Bob enjoys. Before we sat down, we imagined rightly so: the smells and the atmosphere were seductive. Sadly, as so often happens, success has diminished rather than enhanced the experience. The waiting staff, who I thought on first visit were refreshingly eclectic, were now just charm-free and inept, unable to remember a very simple order, neglectful and unapologetic when things went very wrong. More importantly, the food was awful. My husband ordered steak and chips which, for this type of kitchen should be their staple dish. Grisly meat, cold commercial fries were not was he was expecting. My bowl of truffle linguine - at a staggering £18 or thereabouts - was a bowl of pasta with a heart attack dollop of butter melted over it. The truffle flavour was present but losing the battle with the flood of melted fat it was swimming in. The two dishes arrived at completely different times, too, so we ate separately. For the bullish price tags, I think Bob needs to consider his success and review his operation. This is not good value.

• Visited December 2012