“There really is no better place to eat and shop”

The Organic Farm Shop Cafe
Ranked #42 of 124 Restaurants in Cirencester
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Light airy Cafe with plenty of space. There is a dedicated quiet space on the outside south facing verandah where you can sip cappucino and watch the vegetables grow, and a garden area for families and groups with a small play area. 100% organic food and drink, much grown on the farm.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food is wonderful the atmosphere excellent and the shop a great place to spend money and support an excellent cause.

There are newer reviews for The Organic Farm Shop Cafe

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have become regulars to the café, especially for Sunday lunch. In good weather it is great to sit outside and bask in the sunshine and the view across the fields. The café has had some critical reviews in the past, which were mostly unjust. The food in not 'bland', as one reviewer commented, it is simple - and none the worse for that! All the cooking is done with fresh produce, straight from the farm. It is excellent, wholesome and tasty. During the week the menu is vegetarian and the salads are delicious. The meat, when it is on, is usually done to perfection. I absolutely love their roasts and the fruit crumbles are to die for... Where there might be a smidgin of truth (if not justice) in previous criticisms, it is with the price. True, you pay more (probably £3-5 more) than you would for the equivalent meal in most pubs or other cafés. But look at what you are getting: the best organic produce, straight from the farm and well-prepared and cooked. Thus, given the quality of the food and cooking, I feel that it is a relatively small and acceptable premium to pay.

In addition to the café, there is a well-stocked farm shop with a good range of organic produce. (On one occasion we were pleasantly surprised to find fresh white asparagus on sale - a real rarity in Britain. I hope there are plans to get this again.) The shop also caters for its customers' more spiritual needs and usually offers a selection of books by Satish Kumar and others, as well as a range of crafts from the Indian sub-continent. I really like the colourful, printed textiles but, personally, I don't get the attraction for distressed furniture - and the furniture on sale here appears to be very distressed.

1  Thank Schmeissfliege
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We are local to the farm shop and the food always has us returning again. In most cases the produce is straight from the field to your plate and the flavour shows it.

My recent Sunday lunch was a blinder with chicken that reminded you what all the flavourings brigade are trying to replicate. Most wonderful and unusual was the huge array of vegetables: spring greens that jumped off the plate with healthy exuberance, perfectly blanched to satisfying firmness; a courgette and onion bake with cheesy crumble topping; crunchy carrots and a scrumptious apple n something stuffing , plenty of roast pots and a genuine meat juice sauce gravy.

The chefs definitely knew what they were doing and have made it difficult for themselves by increasing the bar even further for my next visit.

Thoroughly recommend the farm: great food, shop and environment for kids to run about outside.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I treat myself as often as I can to lunch at this lovely cafe. Yesterday, for instance, I had the aubergine and cashew nut curry which was excellent - came with rice and a wonderful selection of salads. I like the fact that the specials change daily and I know I am getting organic, fresh, wholesome, nutritious food which tastes delicious. The carrot cake is my favourite cake, and there is a fantastic array of teas. I always stock up on the vegetables they sell, particularly if it comes from the farm itself, and love wandering around their shop. The staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is great. I love coming here with friends, family or just sometimes on my own (there's free wifi there too). It's great in the summer to be able to sit on the verandah, or get cosy by the woodstoves in the winter. It's excellent value for the extra mile the Organic Farmshop goes to produce ethically sustainable high quality food. Love it here - this farmshop/cafe is one of my reasons I chose to live in the area! Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

It was coffee & cake today & it was very good! I love this place, I can sit here & relax with a book or catch up with a friend. Have had delicious salads on previous visits & I keep going back. Not the cheapest but it's organic, fair trade & homemade so no contest. Sorry Mr Kipling, you're not for me!

1  Thank MrsWlikesrealfood