“Beware of the manager”
Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Vanilla
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked a christmas meal for nine friends including myself. The wai ter I booked with was very friendly and helpful. But then the manager stepped in. He was very rude, arrogant and ignorant and told me to forget everything I agreed on with his waiter. We did enjoy the food and the rest of the staff were attentive and helpful. But because of the manager I won't be returning.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went came for dinner on a Wednesday night, very busy with christmas parties. Groups of between 5 -15 were there.
Menu looked good, plenty of choice. Went to order a wine by the glass, but they had run out so we had to choose another.
Skipped the starter, went for fillet of Beef and the Rissotto as mains. The rissotto was very creamy, and didn't see much artichoke though? The beef I am told was very good, a massive piece of meat.
The desserts were ok. The sauce for the sticky toffee pudding seemed very rich, to the point it could have been slightly burnt? and the cheesecake came with the wrong ice cream.
The prices were slightly more than I would expect, having eaten in places less expensive and had better meals.
I cannot fault the restaurant staff as they seemed to have the large amount of tables and people under complete control, to the point you didn't realise there were that many people there.
I would want to come back and revisit Vanilla, as the food seemed to suffer from the large volume of people.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This restaurant is not cheap with wines starting at £18 and mains above £16, but the décor and quality of the food are very good. We are not big eaters and found the portions served to be very generous, which may well suit a lot of people. With one starter and two mains (fillet of sea bass (a little overcooked on the outside) and duck breast (excellent)) plus one coffee and a bottle of wine the bill totalled about £62. The service was friendly and efficient.

We will visit again.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate here recently withh 11 colleagues. Found the food to be ok but the portions to be a bit lacking in quantity. Service was good especially with 11 people and the staff were very welcoming and pleasant.

Will give it another go when next in the area.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The Cheltenham branch of the FSB chose this restaurant for their annual Christmas Lunch.
The food was excellent as was the service. The staff were attentive at all times. When we asked for the music to be turned down it was done so immeadiatly.