“A great party evening”
Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Vanilla
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

15 of us went here for a friend's 50th Birthday Party. The atmosphere was lively (other parties and groups there too), the food was great and the staff were very helpful too - considering the amount of alcohol being consumed (not by me of course). I can't think of a lot else to say except if you are looking for somewhere for a smallish party with good food then give it a try....I think there was a function room next door so it might not have to be too smallish a party.

Car parking nearby can be tricky but it's a busy citcy centre so that's not unusual. Anyway, its well located and an easy walk.

Would I go back?......Yep.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have lived in cheltenham all my life, and somehow I have missed this gem, until now. The food was absolutely first class, and cooked to perfection. The service was also great and very attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, I am already looking forward to next time I visit. 5 stars!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

i love it here they even do offers here as well but the atmophere is great food very good and most definatly come here again

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife took me to Vanilla in Cheltenham for my birthday on Saturday 10th March. The restaurant itself is in a basement and is decorated in sort-of middle-eastern manner. There are plenty of tables, but also plenty of space too.

The menu was small but had some excellent choices on it. We shared some breads and oil to start, which was quite a small portion but reasonably priced. We both had the belly pork and it was delicious: the potatoes especially were delightful. The pork was ever so slightly fatty, but very well cooked For dessert we had the dark chocolate mousse (delicious) and the creme brulee (nice but very small).

Overall the service was good (although a little clumsy - we were asked if everything was ok twice by different people) and the food worth going for. However, we ended up paying £68.00 for a meal that is available elsewhere for quite a bit less.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Last Saturday I took my boyfriend to Vanilla for a romantic evening. I must say we both had a great night. I loved the interior of the restaurant and the many candles; it created a perfect atmosphere for a romantic date. The food was great: I had scallops for starter - it was beautifully presented and very delicious, salmon fillet for main - soft and rich in taste, and sticky toffy pudding - a perfect sweet finish to a great night. My boyfriend said he was also very pleased with his choices.
The service was good, but little slow. However considering that the restaurant was packed and all the tables were taken I think they did well.