“Extremely tasteful”
Review of Vanilla - CLOSED

Vanilla
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Escondido, California
“Extremely tasteful”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I came to this place not knowing what to expect, especially since I am not from the area. I was extremely pleased. The restaurant is a comfortable size, and it is in a nice discreet location. The inside is decorated so beautifully, and the staff was so lovely and helpful. My meal was unbelievably good, and right when I thought the experience could not get any better, we happened to come across the owner and had a nice conversation with him. Such a great man, so friendly, I was happy to have eaten at his restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone!

San Diego, California
“New Menu”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Having come from San Diego, Vanilla has a very comforting, familiar southern California atmosphere. Upon being seated we were told it was the launch of their new menu that night and my friends and I were eager to try as much as we could in one evening. Our starters were the crispy duck spring rolls and some lovely warm foccacia bread for myself. Our waiter was a very charming Italian man and was warm and personable. For my main I had penne with roasted veg, being vegetarian I was please to notice the expansion of the vegetarian options on their menu and the diversity of choices. Overall a very pleasant experience as Vanilla prepares for the summer season with outdoor seating and a new summery menu. Will certainly return.

A TripAdvisor Member
“3rd Visit”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our return visit with friends has come after a bit of a gap in time - recession you know - however I was delightfully surprised that they still give excellent value for money, really great food and there was the usual fantastic atmosphere about the place. I cannot recommend it too highly for that 'Special Night Out'.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A wonderful return visit....”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My partner and I visited Vanilla on Saturday evening for our anniversary. We haven’t been to Vanilla for a very long time so thought we would celebrate there as we had always enjoyed it so much. We were delighted by the experience. It was just as I remembered food excellent, I had the Steak cooked to perfection and my husband was totally blown away by the bread and butter pudding. As always the service was incredible very attentive and friendly staff, what more could we have asked for. Thank you Vanilla for making our anniversary special and we will definitely be returning sooner rather than later especially as we are now living much closer.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kirstee P
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful setting - personal service - yummy food!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my first visit to Vanilla and since I just had to go back! The service was efficient and exceptionally friendly. The great atmosphere contributes to a lovely evening. The food was yummy and not extortionately priced. A good experience all round.

• Visited May 2012