“Small portions but OK”
Review of Strada - Cheltenham - CLOSED

Strada - Cheltenham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set in a superb Regency building on Montpellier Street, Strada is a hit with local pizzaphiles and literary luvvies. This popular Italian restaurant chain is famous for its authentic handmade pizzas - and its extensive menu of rustic, regional pastas and puddings are made using only the finest fresh ingredients such as Parma ham, extra virgin olive oil and Buffalo mozzarella imported from Italy. Perfect for business lunches and cosy evening meals, you can’t go wrong with Strada’s successful formula of simple, tasty food combined with sleek design, friendly service and a buzzy, down-to-earth atmosphere. The proof, as they say, is in the pizza.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I enjoyed Strada's atmosphere but other than that found the service unfriendly and the meal portions tiny and tasteless. I left hungry and had to go home to eat a proper meal.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I liked the fact that it has 'Dishes of the Day'...until you realise that publishing a list a week ahead shouldn't really be possible with fish! Or anything supposedly 'spontaneous' like that. My wife had guinea fowl this time which was fine...but just a tiny portion. I had a very nice seafood pizza, though, which was big enough to allow me to give some to her before she starved away! Having been there a few times previously, I must say I've noticed how poor their portions are on the 'proper' food as against pizzas and pasta....especially when you compare what's on offer in Yorkshire where my son and his family live now; great quality, great portions, great prices. We could do with more of that here in Cheltenham.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

The food at Strada seemed different than the standard Italian chains you get. There might have been less choice but it appeared to be more independent than some. Food was fresh, well presented and very tasty.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am picky when it comes to "Italian" type food and get a little bored with pasta and pizza places. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised with the meal I had at Strada. I went as a party of 4 on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was extremely busy. Despite this the staff were attentive, knowledgeable and knew the menu well. Our starters were good, the pizza and pasta recieved on the table were good too, however the seabream and pork fillet dishes were extemely good. Well cooked and its fantastic to move away from pasta and pizza in this type of restaurant.

Deserts were delicious and even I as someone without a sweet tooth would gladly reorder the semifreddo every night of the week.

To sum up. We had a great evening, with good food, great service and I will be returning.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

A medium/well priced restaurant with a friendly and efficient staff...good food..we had a very enjoyable evening. It was buzzing and almost full yet it was easy to have normal conversations...two of our party had the calves liver and two had the lamb shank...everyone thoroughly enjoyed...would go again and definitely recommend.