“Very Poor Quality and Taste. Very Disappointed.”

Everest Indian Restaurant
Ranked #259 of 439 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Middle Eastern, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds
“Very Poor Quality and Taste. Very Disappointed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was staying over in Cheltenham due to business and had with me an additional 5 people, who were all hungry.

It was around 10:30pm and after scrolling through the nearest delivery service to where we was staying, we stumbled upon Everest, as they were close to our location and offered delivery.

We ordered around 5 dishes along with 10 tandoori roti. We have eaten in some top places as well as in some "street food" type of places, where the food is good. Our total takeaway order came to £40.00.

The food was seriously awful. Very watered down. The chicken it seemed had been boiled and just chucked into a soup. Same applied to lamb dishes as well. Tandoori Roti where small and tiny. The requested the dishes to be spicy but where instead very sweet and mild.

Very disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Aamar D

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I haven't been out for a meal for a while due to various reasons so I was looking forward to a good old slap up meal. We chose The Everest as it was close to home and cost effective. I booked a table for 2030 for the buffet evening @£11.95 per person. I had seen it advertised at over 20 dishes but I couldn't count 20 unless they were including the desserts too.
The restaurant was very busy which was good as I thought the food would have been kept topped up, this was not so, the Samosas were nearly empty, the Chicken Tandoori only had a couple of pieces in it with it being mostly bone and not much meat. Some of the curries had alot of substance in them but not much meat, the poppadoms were all broken into very small pieces so very difficult to pickup. There were also no naan breads. When my partner went to look at the desserts there were only fruit pieces left. The food was also very lukewarm, not piping hot as I would have expected it to be, there were no lids on the main course dishes just a small amount of heat from underneath.

• Visited April 2014
“Fast service in race week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited here after the races on Tuesday. Have to say that the food and service was excellent considering how busy the restaurant was. Excellent quality, service and value. Would reccomend.

Mytilene, Greece
“Very good | Friendly service | Food is very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have to say I am very impressed with this place. It's very nice and the dishes are very good. I have tried various dishes here from various curries to an array of starters. The buffet is very good value for money too by the way. Some of the curries to me seem mild than what they should be, the chapati / roti is different than most places too. But overall a nice place to go

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fab place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We've been to the Everest a few times when visiting Cheltenham & had great meals every time.
Quite a few different dishes have been tried & no complaints at all. Service has always been good & prices are reasonable. Great place to visit after a day at the races.

• Visited December 2013