“Closed :( New owner, New business”
Review of Armagnac Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Armagnac Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to get lunch on Tues only to find out they have sold the business and new restaurant will start soon. Best wishes to the Azam family!

2  Thank Hulacowgirl

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner and I visited this delightful restaurant for our anniversary on a Saturday evening. The food was gorgeous and we will definitely be returning, we had an both had an amazing beef main which was just to die for, i had goats cheese for starters which was delicious, my partner pigeon breast both of which were lovely - the pigeon breast was cooked to perfection. For desert i had creme brulee with home made shortbread and my partner had a cheese board- again both delicious. The wine choice was good - we wished there had been a chateau neuf du pap however we chose a 2009 beaujolais which was a great choice, so we were most happy! The staff were friendly and attentive and service was timed just right. To top it all the price was great too. If your looking for wonderful food that is great value delivered in a lovely friendly ambience I recommend you visit - we will definitely be returning!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Armagnac for me is a great neighbourhood restaurant, not in the league of the champignons sausage or lumiere's of theirs world, but offers a much more interesting and enjoyable option than the many chain restaurants in cheltenham. Last night we had the pigeon breast, goat's cheese beignet and fish cake for starters, followed by calves liver, sausages and pork belly for mains. Wine list is limited but by good value. Restaurant was busy but not quite full on Saturday night.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We've been a few times here and every time we have love service and yummy yummy food! I also bought my young 3yr old nephew with me and they were so accommodating (most places turn noses up at small children)! If you want a bargain def try their early dining menu!! Def try this place out and make ur own mind up :)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked to eat first week of race week! They had no food left which was appalling, as most people had booked, but they clearly hadn't ordered enough food! We were left with only one option and there was only enough for 2 of our party, this meant my husband had to have a lunch time chicken dish!

The portions are small and the veg and bread is very over priced...

When we complained the veg and bread was removed... Very insulting as these don't cost them anything!

Our booking was also mixed up so we had to wait half an hour to be seated at no point were we made aware they had no food left, if we had we'd have gone else where!

I have never seen such small portions of a la carte! Eat before you visit, or you'll have to fill up on over priced bread!

3  Thank Lindsey M