“Dining at its absolute worst.”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #225 of 467 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our team are dedicated to giving you the best experience any restaurant have to offer. At T.G.I. FRiDAYS Cheltenham, we're not JUST about the food and drink… We like to think we can help you dine in style with the best service to offer, this side of the equator. With free parking and an overnight stay just across the car park, why not give us a try?
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Let me get this straight, I wasn't expecting a Gordon Ramsay style meal from this place but then again I wasn't expecting what I got either! We arrived, a colleague and I, for a bite to eat after work, it was about 8:30 and moderately busy at best. Walked in and stood in the reception/holding area waiting for a table...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting, that said, maybe thats slightly unfair, we were spoken to 3 times within that 6 minutes by 3 different people who all told us that somebody would be with us shortly. Oddly they didnt seem busy themselves and were technically "with us" when they told us that someone would be "with us" shortly. So 8 minutes later we were given a table, it was in a conservatory style area of the restaurant and was sticky, had no napkins & no cutlery. Not a problem, Im sure they must have just cleaned the table and...oh hang on, the table was sticky, it hadnt been cleaned...so I took the self service option and took 2 sets of cutlery from the adjacent table. From the menu we chose differing starters and both went for the Monster Burger as a main. In all fairness starters were good, not too long to wait and were quite warm. Finished the starters and awaited our mains, which arrived about 10 minutes later....."2 monsters...and 2 burgers" was the opening gambit from the waitress, I'm assuming this was an attempt at humour, I think if it had been in a Cannon and Ball sketch from 19888 I'd have fallen about laughing. So all the comedy entertainment aside we are asked "can I get you anything else?"..."A set of cutlery or 2 would be good"...I now felt reassured by the "ok i'll get you some".....but panicked at the next comment of "someone will be with you in a minute"...hold on, youre with me now and I want a knife and fork not the theory of evolution explaining....so 5 minutes pass....im forkless....forked off I guess you could say. Then the moment arrives, like a phoenix from the flames 2 forks appear, along with knives, this is remarkable, I can only assume the same amazement was felt when man first put foot on the moon. By this time of course, we'd eaten the chips with our fingers to prevent them going cold and the monster burger, had gone cold. Did we get an apology for keeping us waiting? Did we get an explanation as to why it takes 5 1/2 minutes, in a restaurant, to locate 2 clean sets of cutlery....no....we get Jamie coming over at the end of our meal, to observe 2 uneaten burgers....now I'm assuming this is why he didnt ask "is everything ok", he knew what was potentially coming. I asked for the bill, oddly enough this arrived within seconds, mayne I should have asked for it at the same time as a table...or some cutlery. I thought I'd give Jamie an opportunity to try and rescue the atrocious service and at best dissapointing burgers..."tell me jamie" i said as Jamie put my card through the machine at the speed of sound..."who in here is or was responsible for coming over and asking me if everything is ok"..."oh im sorry, that SHOULD have been me".....at this point im caught between speechless and rage...."oh ok jamie"....surely hes about to ask me....isnt he? "Would you like another drink" wasnt exactly what I was expecting him to ask at this point. So, if youre in Cheltenham and fancy a bite to eat, maybe a burger, ribs or some sticky chicken and long waits, poor service, sticky tables, no cutlery and sitting in a conservatory is your kind of night out get yourself down here, you wont be dissapointed!

1  Thank roy704

Reviewed February 4, 2013

YEs all ok but nothing wow, service slow and food warm and ok bit disapointed, had better at other TGIS but it was late so maybe thats there reson

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Food was ok, but not worth the money you pay for it. Service was good, atmosphere was just crowded and seemed rushed, waited ages for a table as well.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I haven't been to a TGI's for about 20 years and now I know why?? Music very loads, telly screen everywhere that distract you from your conversation. Potato skins for starters that I thought went out of fashion in the 90's and a simple bog standard burger. Certainly not like the amazing roadside American Restaurants in Florida. What a shame; still I look forward to checking them out again in another 20 years...

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The best part of the experience was walking out into the rain.
We waited to be greeted, which when someone finally did attend to us didn't actually happen. I asked if there were any nice tables as it was my daughter's birthday, neither point was acknowledged we just got sat at the first available table.
The service was average but the food was awful. How a restaurant can get food so wrong beggars belief. One of our party had risotto; the rice was burnt (under the heat lamp I guess). I had fajitas which were served on a hot skillet and then a waiter threw "the marinade" onto the skillet with a flourish. I thought the marinade was used early on in the process, maybe they forgot because the meat was tasteless and only saved by the dips. Another had a "poor" veggie burger whilst my wife had a chicken burger which was served barely warm. The burger was immersed in mayo and the chips were cold too. This one got sent back. We didn't ask for a replacement as we didn't want another cold burger.
They went through what I imagine is a well repeated apology routine, offered a drink/dessert which we declined and we weren't charged for the chicken burger.
The one thing that amazed us was the fact that the restaurant was full; then again Macdonalds usually is; we should have gone there and saved £25!
Avoid.