“Simply Delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Gloucestershire
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a way to spend my 30th Birthday! I was very kindly treated to a meal here and it was just delicious, down to the smallest details. The first hurdle was trying to chose from the menu, it all sounded to good. In the end we decided to go with the set lunch menu. As well as our orders we were treated to canapés, bread and an amuse bouche all of which added to the experience and indulged my taste buds.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but the portions were all well sized, enough to feel satisfied and get the full flavours but without spoiling the next course. I left feeling pleasantly full but not uncomfortable at all.

The service was really friendly and attentive but without being intrusive and all the courses came out in perfect timing and flowed well.

It was a special occasion, but already I'm wondering when I can go back again in eager anticipation. Also very reasonably priced for such a high standard of food and whole experience.

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Exquisite Food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Returned again not having dined here for several years, the quality and attention to detail had not changed and we experienced the most fabulous food and service. David and his wife run possibly THE best restaurant ! It was faultless and a lesson to all those over priced, trendy so called high class restaurants. I believe David has never missed a service in over 25 years and it shows, his team, both back and front of house produced an evening to remember. Various menu options to take, making it very affordable and why not ........when a dining experience is this FAB...!

• Visited July 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Wild About Le Champignon!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have dined here a couple of times and found the food absolutely delicious and the service discreet and extremely good. Excellent, in fact. The lady maître d' is probably the most charming and professional I have seen. It is expensive, but worth a visit for a special occasion - or just because....!

• Visited July 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely the best meal I've had”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful, the service perfect and the food the best yet.
After looking through Essence, Beyond Essence and Desert I've been extremely interested in David's food, and after eating at lunch with three friends I can't name a single fault. Never before have I tasted lamb that tasted so much like lamb or sea bream that tasted unbelievably fresh despite being miles from the sea. From the gorgeous blue cheese cookie canapé to the unbelievably good petit fours the meal was perfect. If I had paid 100 pounds I would have left happy, but for less than 40 pounds including a beer and wine (fantastic by the way), plus petit fours I have never experienced such great food at such a fantastic price. Easily the best in Cheltenham, and I eagerly anticipate a better dining experience in the future throughout the rest of the UK- they have their work cut out.

• Visited August 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“The Best”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Have been here twice. The first time we had the tasting menu which was incredible. Each course really was better than the last.
On the second occasion we chose from the carte and had a wonderful meal.
Service is great glasses refilled promptly, with the staff discreet but attentive.
All dishes are great from the sweet game to a bitterness on some of the desserts.

• Visited May 2013