“Wild About Le Champignon!”

Le Champignon Sauvage
Ranked #17 of 479 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have dined here a couple of times and found the food absolutely delicious and the service discreet and extremely good. Excellent, in fact. The lady maître d' is probably the most charming and professional I have seen. It is expensive, but worth a visit for a special occasion - or just because....!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful, the service perfect and the food the best yet.
After looking through Essence, Beyond Essence and Desert I've been extremely interested in David's food, and after eating at lunch with three friends I can't name a single fault. Never before have I tasted lamb that tasted so much like lamb or sea bream that tasted unbelievably fresh despite being miles from the sea. From the gorgeous blue cheese cookie canapé to the unbelievably good petit fours the meal was perfect. If I had paid 100 pounds I would have left happy, but for less than 40 pounds including a beer and wine (fantastic by the way), plus petit fours I have never experienced such great food at such a fantastic price. Easily the best in Cheltenham, and I eagerly anticipate a better dining experience in the future throughout the rest of the UK- they have their work cut out.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Have been here twice. The first time we had the tasting menu which was incredible. Each course really was better than the last.
On the second occasion we chose from the carte and had a wonderful meal.
Service is great glasses refilled promptly, with the staff discreet but attentive.
All dishes are great from the sweet game to a bitterness on some of the desserts.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were given vouchers by our children to dine in this unpretentious restaurant as part of our 60th birthday celebrations. We cannot fault the food, the presentation, the service, the attention to detail. We thought we were on an episode of Masterchef. What we did not envisage were the canapés, the pre-starter and the pre-dessert, all as part of the a la carte dining menu. We were stuck for choice on the starters themselves, the main course was a thing of beauty and the desserts, well, how do you match up something that should not go together - obviously David has tried many things, many times. Wow! It can be an expensive evening, if you choose high value food and drink, but equally the lunch menu (even with wine) looked an affordable option, but if the food is of the same quality all the time, why would you not want to go back.

2  Thank ValerieandBarry
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Six of us had an amazing meal at this restaurant. The food was really lovely and the service was absolutely fantastic - so professional and inobtrusive
The pistou was so tasty with beautiful fresh vegetables. I had the wood pigeon which is not something I would normally have and loved it. Super rnage of food, good wine list
Well worth the money - would really recommend it and would love to go back

1  Thank georgeTyneandWear