Central location in the heart of all the beautiful buildings of Cheltenham, but on a quiet side road. The building is a former tax office, and has been 'retro-fitted' in more ways than one. The theme is 1960s in an Austin Powers kind of way, but very basic. The owner was a formica manufacturer I believe, so most surfaces are formica. My room was a large size and covered in powder blue formica. o.k. double bed, though a bit low and again, formica round the sides. Furry blue curtains were in keeping with the theme of the room. Ensuite had a bath and over-bath shower; no problems.
Breakfast was 8-10am at the weekend, served in a bright primary coloured area near the reception. Help yourself to continental and a limited cooked range. No problems.
I wouldn't recommend this for a romantic getaway, unless you wanted a retro vibe; might be good fun for a 60s themed stag or hen do. The corridors were a bit loud with people coming in and out though at night. My keycard stopped working because 'they get wiped if they get in contact with a mobile phone or a credit card'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Citrus Hotel Cheltenham is located in the Centre of Cheltenham. The hotel offers a choice of 59 bedrooms, 2 meeting rooms, and on-site Bar and Restaurant. We offer great value for money, great customer service, innovative design and an exciting experience away from home – whether you’re visiting us for business or leisure. The Citrus Hotel, Cheltenham prides itself on being simple and very modern, with a wide range of bedrooms and suites at different prices to suit everyone – from the businessman or overseas traveler to families looking for a well deserved short break. Check out our great value short break offers and promotions – available to book direct. All bedrooms have flat screen TVs, broadband access*, WiFi*, room safes, hairdryers, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, and the latest technology in inter-floor personal security. The Citrus Hotel, Cheltenham is dog-friendly and charges apply, please contact the hotel for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Citrus Hotel Cheltenham By Compass Hospitality (Formerly The Big Sleep Hotel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham
- Big Sleep Cheltenham
- Big Sleep Hotel Cheltenham