“Interesting menu of cocktails”
Review of Maitai-lounge - CLOSED

Maitai-lounge
Cuisines: Chinese, Italian, Thai, Contemporary, British, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We keep coming back for lush cocktails, despite such a slow service, especially when you actually want to pay and leave.
Try the eager beaver :)
Food is quirky, too.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went for a dish from the 'grazing' menu. Whilst I understand that the title 'grazing' implies a smaller serving, I was surprised by the microscopic nature of the steak. £8.95 bought a tiny steak (circa 2 oz) and 5 hand cut chips. The full version of this meal would set you back £18.95 which is comparable in price to mainstream venues in London. Presentation was fine and staff nice. Food well cooked, yet I couldn't help feeling slightly taken for a ride especially when the establishments nearby appeared to offer far more for similar prices.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Arrived with a group of friends to find our table was next to the open bi-fold doors which meant we were virtually sat with the smokers outside. We asked for the doors to be closed which they did reluctantly.

The food was excellent but it felt like you were eating in a nightclub. This place is not really suitable for Saturday night dining and you should be made aware when booking.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Another little gem I had never heard of until a friend invited me with a Social Living voucher. Great Friday night busy atmosphere but this didn't stop the staff being on the ball and friendly. A menu that had so many delicious options I will have to return to try the things I didn't order this time. Really tasty and unusual crostini and houmus for starter and outstandingly tasty Thai crayfish risotto. Equally deelish mains which we shared because they were both so great! - Tagliatelle with crab and salmon en croute (filo). Really really good.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Staff were very efficient and pleasant and the food good. We were a large group and so there were a variety of dishes. All looked great and my curry was excellent.
This was an evening event and the weather was good so it was easy to spill out into the courtyard for pre-dinner drinking.