“Give it a try”
Review of Prescott Shooting School - CLOSED

Prescott Shooting School
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We did a 'taster' session - 1-to-2 tuition for just £25!! doesn't get much better than that.

So good we took our son and Brother-in-Law. Great experience and not to be missed.

Good opportunity to try out Clay Shooting if you've not tried before or to brush up skills

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I attended a beginners' session as part of a GroupOn deal, and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The range is in the heart of of the Gloucestershire countryside on a working farm, and provides trap shooting training/days out for beginners, as well as facilities for experienced shots. For beginners, I would recommend no more than 2-3 hours initially if you're in a small group/couple as I found my arms were aching. In a larger group where you get more rest, I'm sure you could shoot for longer.

The location isn't easy to find - we got lost twice getting there, but it's worth it to shoot in a leafy private area in the shade on top of some lovely countryside. The track to get down to the range from the farm is very rugged - make sure your vehicle can handle it.

The facilities are very good - after you arrive at a main lodge (with refreshments, a shop and toilet facilities), you can purchase cartridges and hire a gun and go on the range (with pre-booking and presentation of your certificate), or, if you've pre-booked a lesson, you'll most likely meet Dan.

Dan is an excellent tutor, with a calm and professional manner and infinite patience. Safety is extremely highly regarded, and the traps on offer provide a nice mix (I believe there are 6 traps, one of which being a rabbit simulation). He deliberately uses ammunition and guns with a softer recoil and noise for beginners who may not be used to the sport.

I wouldn't hesitate to return, and am seriously considering extending my lessons to obtain a shotgun licence. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.