“Nice seating/cinema but not such great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Screening Rooms
Ranked #3 of 17 Fun & Games in Cheltenham
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Nice seating/cinema but not such great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I have used the screening rooms about 5 times since it opened. We don't mind the price as we prefer having the huge comfy seats and no one kicking the back of your chair!

The atmosphere is lovely and we always choose this cinema now over the usual cineworld. I think staff could step-it-up a bit. They seem half asleep most of the time and you are paying more for the service, as well as the environment.

On the most recent visit, my husband couldn't have an English breakfast tea because they had run out of tea bags. I think in any normal establishment, they would run out to get some tea bags, especially when the cinema is based near a vast amount of shops.

These little niggles let it down slightly. I would rate the cinema a 5 and the service a 3.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is more of a special night out cinema due to the price but is most definitely worth it. Seating is wonderful and the staff do spoil you. The waiter service is very handy and being able to relax in the bar area before hand is wonderful, especially as the food and snacks that are served are very nice.
Only downside for me is that it is quite easy to spend a lot more money than you planned, hence why I would only come here occasionally for a "nice" night out

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CharlyB86
Gloucestershire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent Cinema Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Screening Rooms are the best thing to come to Cheltenham in a long time. Its so nice to go to the cinema and have big comfy seats, plenty of leg room and waiter service.
I won't be going back to the normal cinema now.

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We took the children here for the first time to see "Oz The Great and Powerful" and there were totally blown away. My wife an I have been many times and we've barely been back to the normal cinema since. Anyway if you haven't tried the screening rooms give it a go - it's a fantastic experience. Getting food and drink delivered to your sofa style seat with enough leg room to stretch out and have the waiter bring your order - perfect!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“The only way to watch a film.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The sceening room only seats about 40 people and you all have large comfortable seats with tables between for a bottle of wine etc, there is a good snack service and the whole enviroment is quite pleasant. Also probably because of the premium price, the audience is well behaved.
DaveL