“Lunch for Two”

The Suffolk Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Suffolk Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 454 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Lunch for Two”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my second visit to Suffolk Kitchen, the first was with a group of ladies, this time with my husband . Both excellent experiences. The food is very good, well cooked and nicely presented. Will go again.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Nice Cheltenham Restaurant”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Relly nice little restaurant in Cheltenham. Very well presented with good menu and decent choice of wines. Worth trying for Sunday breakfast, four of us went on 17 March. Proper service, cloth napkins, quality cutlery and nice food. Good value.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Such a shame!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been to the suffolk kitchen on two very different occasions. First was a lovely valentines evening with a set menu. The service was brilliant, the food was delicious and the drinks were fab. After this great experience we decided to have brunch on sunday morning. We rang to book as it can be pretty busy, however on this occasion it wasn't very busy at all, only four or five tables were occupied. On arrival we were shown to our seats swiftly, we were given a good amount of time to read the menu and then it all went wrong. The waitress came to take our order as if she was in passing, she didn't have any paper with her (usually not a problem when taking an order for a table of two) and she appeared to be in a bit of a rush to take the order. Our coffees took quite a while and arrived with our porridge (no biggy) we had both asked for no fruit on the porridge yet they both arrived with fruit on top (again, not a big deal). We then waited a little while until my "eggs benedict" arrived....with salmon on top, this is not what I had ordered so they took it away to exchange it for what I had ordered. They then brought out my boyfriends "omelette with cheese and bacon".... this was just a plain omelette, they took this away and said they were "just sorting it out" for us, no apology at all. After a short wait our correct dishes arrived, my eggs benedict was delicious, however, my boyfriends omelette had just had cheese and bacon melted on top of it (unless this is how they alway present their omelettes, i'm pretty sure this was the original, reheated). Once we had finished our breakfast no one came to clear our plates, so we had to wait at the desk to be presented with out cheque. Not one apology, no discount, nothing. The great shame is that this will most likely stop us coming back again. The food was delicious but there is no excuse for such poor service. If unable to remember lots of different elements of an order then just carry a pad of paper and a pen! It doesn't make you look professional 'remembering' an order if you get every element of it wrong! I would also like to point out that if I had received an apology I would not have left this review, and would most likely have given them the benefit of the doubt. Great shame. My advice it to try it, hopefully they will address the poor service and others will have a much better experience.

3 Thank Amy B
“All that glitters”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Looks good on the outside and well appointed on the inside. Tempts you in. Really unimpressive food - can't believe the chef tastes what he sends out. Nice staff but poor service - smacks of poor management and training. Not cheap - so really why not go somewhere else?

5 Thank Cfooddiet
bath
“Sweet on the outside, bitter in the middle!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a peep through the window at The Suffolk kitchen; it looked nice so we decided to book! We arrived in the evening and were taken to our table...no warm welcome, no nothing really! Anyway we ordered our food...the starters came and was very average, served by a huffy waitress...to top it off! Mains well...my hot dish compromised of Luke warm pots and frozen salmon, need I say more, a pretty poor experience! The food at this restaurant is not good and to be backed up by miserable staff make's for a very unpleasant evening, oh but trust me they perk up when they take your money...honestly don't waste your time and your hard earned cash!

• Visited February 2013