“Outstanding and would certainly visit again?!”
Review of Prithvi

Prithvi
Reserve with OpenTable
Prithvi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 472 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A statement of serenity and calm. A refined and sophisticated approach to dining Indian in an intimate and relaxed surrounding.Prithvi, "Earth or Mother Earth, in the ancient Sanskrit", where mouthwatering food and an attention to detail is second to none.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited here on Sunday as my boyfriend and I were on a bank holiday break at the montpellier chapter hotel it's literally a 10 minute walk. After seeing that it's voted number 1 my boyfriend made a reservation.

Well I'm certainly glad he did it wa absolutely outstanding the best Indian food I have ever had. Not only was it presented extremely well, the service was excellent ant the food to die for. My boyfriend had the lamb starter and from this we knew the food would be outstanding, I then had the lamb and he had the beef mains this was to die for the meat just melted in your mouth. My boyfriend then ha the kulfi to finish with which is not the typical kulfi we expected but was still enjoyable.

If we return in the future to Cheltenham then we shall certainly visit here again. It was amazing

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We loved this place. 6 of us booked months in advance to get a Sunday night booking on the bank holiday weekend. We all had the tasting menu, five courses, plus amuse bouche for £35 pp. Wine wasn't too expensive. Lovely french reds for £20/bottle.

Food was excellent. Real taste sensations and we all had a different favourite. We were absolutely full by the end, but not so full we felt ill.

The staff really deserve a mention as well. The service was flawless, but not the slightest bit pretentious. Really lovely to speak with - they gave us good recommendations in London and Birmingham as well.

If you are visiting the area, definitely put this on your list of places to go. Just lovely.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Prithvi is an Indian that is a cut above the run of the mill Indian that you go to on a Friday night or after the pub. it has a menu that is from across the subcontinent, from Rajasthan, from Kerala, from the Chettinad. the dishes are light and beautifully presented and you get such delights as an amuse bouche. the food is light and delicate, the service attentive. the ambience is a bit stark, but it is more fine food than my normal curry binge.
an added advantage is that there is a public car park across the road which is free from 8pm. if you are aware of the difficulty of parking in Cheltenham then you will appreciate the advantage.
Prithvi is a restaurant that
I would go to as a couple or perhaps a foursome.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could fault this place but I can't! We'd been meaning To go for a while, finally did and can't fault it. Service was impeccable. Food amazing. This Is not
Your standard Indian! Great place to bring friends or family. The food is faultless. Great atmosphere and service
Amazing but not too much, really can't fault it. Best meal
I've eaten in a long time. I had seabass
main and my partner tiger
prawn,
Both if which were amazing, flawless. Really can't fault it'!

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Our mouths still tingle with all the wonderful flavours! Fantastic place with excellent service. All courses created an explosion of the taste buds and nothing is too much trouble. We will be back!