“Definately worth a visit”
Review of Prithvi

Prithvi
Reserve with OpenTable
Prithvi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 473 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A statement of serenity and calm. A refined and sophisticated approach to dining Indian in an intimate and relaxed surrounding.Prithvi, "Earth or Mother Earth, in the ancient Sanskrit", where mouthwatering food and an attention to detail is second to none.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

If your expecting your local Indian, this is not it ! Very high brow indian cooking at its best, try the salmon in the starter platter it was stunning. Well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

One of the finest dining experiences I have had in my 14 years living in Cheltenham. The attention to detail was amazing and I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I visited Prithvi for the pre-theatre menu (fantastic value at £10.90 for two courses).

The restaurant is nicely decorated, and has a good "vibe".

The food was excellent, and beautifully presented (unlike many Indian restaurants, where you end up with a huge pile of food on your plate).

The staff were most obliging, and the attention to detail was very impressive.

All in all, a wonderful eating experience, and thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank JBH2
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited the restaurant on a weekend away in Cheltenham after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and were not disappointed. As the other reviews say its not your typical indain fayre.
The mixed starter was fantastic , the waiter explaining which sauces went with each of the fish vegetable , lamb and chicken starters, all of which were excellent. the 2 lamb main courses were also great, the lamb and spinich dish was a little on the spicy side for me (plus I was quite full from the starter). As I had only eaten half of the dish the waiter , asked what the problem was , he offered to bring yoghurt to cool the dish or if I would like anything else.I declined his kind offer as I was full. THe service and food were both exemplary and I couldnt recommend highly enough

2  Thank rugbyfan1999
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked this restaurant to have lunch with a friend on the basis of the reviews in TA. We were not disappointed. On a Friday Lunchtime we were the only ones in there , but it was a cold snowy day.
The restaurant looks beautiful and we were placed next to 2 heaters to help warm us up. The food and our joy in eating it did that with no problem at all. At lunchtime the lunch menu - 2 courses for 11.90 is excellent value. Poppadoms and chutneys were brought at no cost and an amuse bouche was presented to us. During ordering we had explained that my fiend was coeliac she therefore was brought a different amuse bouche to myself and both were delicate and beautiful. The food ordered was delicious tasty with spices but in no way overpowering. I intend to return as soon as possible, if you like very good Asian food at excellent prices come here. We go to Lasan in Birmingham regularly but I have to say the quality here was almost as good and the prices far better try it.