“fantastic”
Review of Prithvi

Prithvi
Reserve with OpenTable
Prithvi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 479 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A statement of serenity and calm. A refined and sophisticated approach to dining Indian in an intimate and relaxed surrounding.Prithvi, "Earth or Mother Earth, in the ancient Sanskrit", where mouthwatering food and an attention to detail is second to none.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

After a long day at the races - this was perfect. The food was excellent, the staff were helpful and chatty without being intrusive and the place was clean and cosy - We have already booked to come again in january!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Room can be quite noisy, but thats the only slight downer - great food, good house red, good service, reasonably priced - not cheap but not a rip off either. A pleasant night was had by all!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

So good I have eaten there twice in a week, the second time to check it was as good as I thought first time round! Really fabulous Indian fine dining.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I took my father here for lunch today and just had to write a review on here straight away.
The welcome we had on arrival was exceptionally warm, and the service fantastic throughout the meal.
The biggest surprise though, was how good value the meal was without detracting from flavour or portion size.
We opted for the lunchtime deal, which was starter and main for around £10-11. What you don't expect (and certainly rarely get for that price) are any additional dishes.
Not the case here...
We were given poppadoms with mango chutney, raita, etc to begin with, which in most restaurants is chargeable.
This was then followed by an extremely tasty amuse bouche of a spicy potato fritter. Our starters of samosa and a cashew-crusted chicken tikka came next and were fantastic, as were our mains of seared lamb which were beautifully cooked (great portion sizes too - they certainly don't scrimp!)
One last surprise at the end: petit fours, which finished off the meal perfectly.

I have never been given so much delicious food for such a good price! I can see why Prithvi has been Cheltenham's number 1 restaurant on Trip Advisor, and I wholeheartedly agree!

1  Thank Nessie S
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've just returned from one of the best meals I've ever experienced. I've eat in a number of Indian establishments from Benares to the local curry house and I can honestly say this topped the lot by some margin. 3 courses for the missus and 2 for me followed by a cognac plus a bottle of wine for just over £70. The restaurant even gave us amuse bouche and a sweet dish each for free. The waiting staff were very pleasant and knew their food, but were not at all imposing. I honestly cannot find fault with this restaurant and would visit Cheltenham just to eat here again. I had the pakoras followed by a Lamb Dhansak and my wife the Chicken starter followed by a Chicken Jalfreizi which she admits was probably on the hot side for her tastes followed by the home made Ice-cream 3 ways