“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Koloshi Indian Restaurant

Koloshi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 440 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Seafood, Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The restaurant is known for its regional subcontinent cooking, combining high-quality fresh products with sophisticated flavours to create refined Indian dishes. Chef Azad Hussain and his team have mastered the art of Indian regional cuisine over the years The interiors combine sleek, contemporary design with the welcoming atmosphere intoxicating mix of old and new. The restaurant's strong tradition of service and authentic food are enjoyed with this iconic and modern dining rooms.
Cirencester
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was recommended to come here by my secretary who was here recently, she had had the lamb shank and said it was wonderful. Unfortunately, there was none of these left when we arrived as three others had ordered it, but the alternative was really good. Service was impeccable and, whilst quiet (ish), the whole ambiance was the best I've known. I do hope they get more business as, being well off the beaten track, the journey from Cirencester meant that I couldn't drink much of the lovely wine they offered and I assume the same applies to people from Cheltenham. I would totally recommend this as a place to eat for those who want special food and service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Giles527

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Top quality Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a few meals at this restaurant when it first opened and found the food to be inconsistent, however, over time this is now our favourite Indian restaurant in Cheltenham followed by Prithvi and the Curry Corner. It is a little bit expensive but the food is to die for..... We love having popaddoms and I have to say that I have never had better accompaniments. The pickles are all home made and the beetroot chutney is fantastic. The starters are also first rate and well presented. I am not a fan of some of the main courses and do not feel that they have the same class as the rest of the experience, but this is probably down to personal preference. If you like Indian food then you must try this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Darren B
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Different in a good way!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Fourteen of us dined at Koloshi on a Saturday night.

We arrived about 9pm and the restaurant was almost empty with just a few couples dining.

The menu is different but there is a good choice. The only thing I wasn't too keen on is that it doesn't state how spicy the dishes are.

My starter (unfortunately I can't remember the name) was probably the best starter I have ever had. It was gorgeous! It was a prawn dish.

For the main course, I went for a Lamb Shank. It was just right for me spice wise but if I had it again, I would order a side dish of veg as rice didn't really excite me. As I didn't know what to expect, it was fine.

The restaurant itself is very welcoming and the staff were very attentive and friendly.

If Koloshi was more central and closer to Cheltenham, I think it would be full every night as it's not your normal Indian Restaurant. I hope the location doesn't let them down.

I would definitely return and recommend it to friends.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Katie F
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Indian... But not as we know it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading Trip Advisor recommendations, I ventured to Koloshi with my boyfriend as we were always passing this restaurant. From the greeting to the end of the meal, the service was impeccable but this was nothing compared to the food. Instead of the usual curry fare, there were dishes which were beautifully presented and full of subtle but very tasty flavours! I truly wish I could cook the meat as well as that - even the chicken just fell apart and I have never tasted lamb like it. Can't recommend highly enough! We've already booked our next table...

• Visited January 2013
Cheltenham UK
“An Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've been to Koloshi four times and every visit has been fantastic. The service is first rate and the food of the highest quality. This is quite different from your average Indian restaurant with different dishes and excellent service from the moment you arrive until you leave.
I highly recommend it to anyone who loves good Indian cuisine.

• Visited December 2012