“A genuinely exotic experience”
Review of The Vine

The Vine
Ranked #65 of 465 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Vine looks elegantly old-fashioned from the outside but gives few hints of what is available within. The long narrow bar and dining room is furnished in a characterful way with well used timber tables and chairs that seem to have come from a place of worship, as they have slotted shelves at the back for prayer books. However the only thing you are likely to worship at The Vine is the food and drink.

We received a friendly welcome and I found the real ale well-kept and refreshing. Further delight comes with the menu. They have a Thai chef and the hardest part of the evening is deciding which of the various temptations to order.

The first course came with an artistic flower, fashioned from a piece of carrot and mounted on mint leaves. It was delicious, as was the curry that followed it and the self-indulgent pudding to finish. The person who served us was smiling and friendly.

The food made us feel as if we had been transported from routine Cheltenham and had had a genuinely exotic experience. We look forward to going there again.

1  Thank Viaggiatoreinglese

Reviewed July 17, 2013

After a lovely day in the sun on Saturday I decided I fancied a pad thai and so we took to The Vine.

The service was phenomenal, despite not having a cocktail menu, my partner was treated to one of the best mojitos (or three) that she's ever had.. The barman seemed genuinely happy to make them too, unlike when you order off of the menu in other places.

The food was fantastic too, it was great the last time but it seems to have come on leaps and bounds. The pad thai was lovely and juicy and the jungle curry my partner had was the correct balance of fragrant and spicy.

The atmosphere was amazing too, relaxed and groovy is probably the best way to describe it.. Ha.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friendly service, great thai food and real ale! Don't let the exterior put you off; this food is seriously good and served with a smile. Nice 70's Bistro feel to the place ; if they just turned the music down a tad it would get full marks :>)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I popped in here one lunchtime whilst in Cheltenham for a quick bite to eat. The food was delicious and very reasonable- we will definitely be back. My only comment is the music was rather loud, and I am in my 20's so Im not being fussy!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a small local pub at the top of the high street. You can eat Thai food which is very good and there are always some locals who are happy to chat with you if you are a visitor.