“A very faded gem”

Indian Brasserie
Ranked #169 of 473 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With room for 120 covers, the Indian Brasserie provides guests with a chance to enjoy superb-quality Indian cuisine in a thoroughly relaxed atmosphere, at a pace that suits them. With a stylish new refurbishment, the Brasserie is chic and luxurious, complemented by contemporary decor, wooden flooring and leather seating. The menu offers a wonderfully wide selection of dishes, and the staff are only too delighted to make suggestions should the decision be too much. Jali kebab, the exquisite salmon machli and jhinga til tinka are just some of the starter dishes on offer. The chatga jhinga was recommended as a main being 'a fabulous choice, colourful, aromatic and bursting with authentic flavours'. With an onus on client service, you come to the Indian Brasserie as our guests, not our customers.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was without question one of the best around. Emphasis on the word was. It has let standards slip. Even though still popular, it is simply not as good as it was and I would rate it as average to poor. Last week they were busy. Ok, but I had a takeaway which consisted of processed chicken in a thin watery gravy. The bhaji was clearly pre cooked and baked hard. Everything about the history of this place is good, currently, not nearly good enough. This can and should be better and I am surprised to be writing like this, but they need to know.

3  Thank jjaytees

Reviewed December 8, 2012

A lovely well cooked Indian with a menu that makes you want to try everything....
I've tried everything now & I won't be going again as its inconsistent!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had a take-away from there last weekend, from previously having average portions they've changed this to measly, and I mean measly portions.

I had a chicken tikka, veg rice and nan and there were literally three chunks of chicken in a carton of sauce. I particularly dislike this form of money-saving.

There are better curry houses with fairer portions at a fairer price, Indian Brasserie are not cheap hence my frustration at their cheapness with food.

There was one guy behind the bar who was interested in me, the rest seemed tired or distracted. I pay for this luxury at their prices occasionally, I will go somewhere else next time.

2  Thank neil r
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I do like an Indian meal and have tried most of them. There is something special about this place though. It can be really busy at times, when we went the restaurant was only half full which was nice as we were after a quiet meal. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. The food was delicious really delicious, if I had to be picky I would say more meat would have been nice in a couple of the dishes but that said I left without feeling absolutely stuffed which made a nice change. I will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The recently refurbished Indian Brasserie is very popular and is always full. I have eaten in and had takeaways for years. The staff are 'always' very friendly but the one thing that occasionally lets them down is that although the food is always good, it is not always exceptional. I can order a really excellent meal or takeaway one month and then the next time it is mediocre but is always a disappointment. They have, more than once too, got the takeaway order slightly wrong. Having said that, we always have a good night out there and the cost per head is about right. Great location too!