“Mean portions”

Indian Brasserie
Ranked #110 of 460 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With room for 120 covers, the Indian Brasserie provides guests with a chance to enjoy superb-quality Indian cuisine in a thoroughly relaxed atmosphere, at a pace that suits them. With a stylish new refurbishment, the Brasserie is chic and luxurious, complemented by contemporary decor, wooden flooring and leather seating. The menu offers a wonderfully wide selection of dishes, and the staff are only too delighted to make suggestions should the decision be too much. Jali kebab, the exquisite salmon machli and jhinga til tinka are just some of the starter dishes on offer. The chatga jhinga was recommended as a main being 'a fabulous choice, colourful, aromatic and bursting with authentic flavours'. With an onus on client service, you come to the Indian Brasserie as our guests, not our customers.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had a take-away from there last weekend, from previously having average portions they've changed this to measly, and I mean measly portions.

I had a chicken tikka, veg rice and nan and there were literally three chunks of chicken in a carton of sauce. I particularly dislike this form of money-saving.

There are better curry houses with fairer portions at a fairer price, Indian Brasserie are not cheap hence my frustration at their cheapness with food.

There was one guy behind the bar who was interested in me, the rest seemed tired or distracted. I pay for this luxury at their prices occasionally, I will go somewhere else next time.

2  Thank neil r
There are newer reviews for Indian Brasserie

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I do like an Indian meal and have tried most of them. There is something special about this place though. It can be really busy at times, when we went the restaurant was only half full which was nice as we were after a quiet meal. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. The food was delicious really delicious, if I had to be picky I would say more meat would have been nice in a couple of the dishes but that said I left without feeling absolutely stuffed which made a nice change. I will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The recently refurbished Indian Brasserie is very popular and is always full. I have eaten in and had takeaways for years. The staff are 'always' very friendly but the one thing that occasionally lets them down is that although the food is always good, it is not always exceptional. I can order a really excellent meal or takeaway one month and then the next time it is mediocre but is always a disappointment. They have, more than once too, got the takeaway order slightly wrong. Having said that, we always have a good night out there and the cost per head is about right. Great location too!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My friend and I arrived on a wet cold evening anticipating a friendly welcome. We were shown to our seats and left to cope with our wet coats.
Starters came promptly and the main courses too promptly as the waiter came and asked us to finish the starters so he could serve the mains!
The food was tasty but not entirely warm.
The staff obviously had regular customers who they were very attentive to but we were barely considered.
At the end of the meal the staff cleared away around us, obviously needing us to leave and brought the bill when we had barely finished our coffee.
We shan't go back in a hurry.

2  Thank Leckhampton_2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have eaten here a few times, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Menu is varied and you can use a loyalty card to get 15% off. The restaurant is nice and modern but one bad point is it is too dark to read the menu. Would recommend this restaurant thought.