“Not great.”
Review of Jamie's Italian - CLOSED

Jamie's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The surroundings are lovely and is the only reason it got 2/5. The food was bland and I felt the staff were trying too hard as if it were a stage school audition. Also I'm all for food coming out quickly but sometimes if its too quick you question the quality. The dishes really did lack flavour and the squid portion very small and not hot. They had also run out of a number of items. Shame my last experience in Kingston was good. I do however love the restoration.

There are newer reviews for Jamie's Italian

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I really was t looking forward to eating here as I'd eaten in Jamies in Bath and it was awful! Plus reading the reviews on here I didn't have high hopes. We were a party of 9 out for a friends birthday, with a couple of us having specific dietary requirements. The food and portion sizes were a lot better than I expected! Everyone enjoyed their meals in our group. There were a few issues with some of the items on the menu not being properly described, for example I had ordered the chocolate pot which I was told was like a chocolate mousse. The menu had said it came with ice cream and biscotti and I had asked for no ice cream as I get quite ill with very creamy things such as ice cream or creamy sauces. When the pudding arrived it had cream all on the top of it, unfortunately the waiter said it came this way and wasn't worth happening otherwise so I had to sendit back as I can't eat cream. I pointed out there was no mention of cream in the menu at all, he did apologise.

The food was good, personally I didn't think it was outstanding and probably wouldn't bother with any of Jamie's restaurants again as I think there are so many better places out there. But the Cheltenham restaurant was certainly decent.

The service is what's made me give this place 4 stars! Our waiter, Jake, was brilliant. Really friendly and helpful, especially with some of our tables requirements! He even took the time to tell, us the story of the music bread :o)

I don't think this place is as bad as a lot of the reviews make out here. We had a great night, and thank you very much to Jake our waiter for being so helpful!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food is great and presented with that little extra touch. The restaurant is located in the old court house, so you get to be seated where the judges issued their verdicts if you are lucky. The atmosphere is friendly and reminiscent of crown court. The food is expensive as are the drinks but you will not be disappointed. I would only choose to go here for that special occasion especially if you are on a budget.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant 5 times in the past year. If we had gone by the reviews we may never had tried it! The cafe style seating downstairs is very authentic,as is the courtroom
(Including jury box and judge seat) upstairs atmospheric. Only 3 stars as we would describe the food as good but not outstanding. I was using a crutch after recent knee surgery and the staff were very helpful in assisting me to the lift as the toilets are a long way down from upper seating. One thing is certain,we have always enjoyed the experience and do not find it expensive. We will return.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

A family meal which was very average! Do not think I would return! The food was expensive and not worth the money and the atmosphere very flat. It was very cold and when I left I felt stiff. It was a meal for my fathers birthday I feel very embarrassed.

1  Thank Marillll