“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Brasserie at Ellenborough Park
Ranked #133 of 439 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lunch or dinner is served in The Brasserie, a casual and informal venue decorated in a sporting theme featuring the famous Cresta Run.A wide selection of individually priced brasserie style dishes, from a simple sandwich to a full meal. An excellent choice of wholesome, well-cooked food which is served from 12 noon until 10pm every day. Situated on the ground floor of the main house adjacent to the reception hall. A flexible dining option in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visited The Brasserie at Ellenborough Park on a Saturday evening in February this year, for my Birthday. After reading previous reviews on Trip Advisor for The Brasserie, I really had mixed reviews & wasn't sure what to expect.

I had rung ahead to request a different main course option, as I didn't particularly like the current Vegetarian option. The lady on the phone was most helpful & assured me that my request would be no problem & Chef would be happy to help! I later received an email confirmation, as promised confirming this-so far so good!

When arriving at Ellenborough Park with my parents & fiancé, the staff were very friendly & smiley, service was quick & attentive as our drinks were served at the bar area. The atmosphere was relaxed, but with a classy feel about it.

We were seated at our table where the waitress advised me that they were aware of the main course I had preordered & she recommended a vegetarian stater too. It really felt that nothing was too much trouble.

Our Starters arrived & were absolutely delicious!! Mine tasted like gold!! I had truffle button mushrooms with a tasty little side salad & beautiful home baked bruschetta bread. It was Devine! Large portions. My Dad had beautiful salmon-again a large piece cooked to perfection, he said he couldn't fault it. My Mum had a sort of Tapas starter with tomato relish, tapenade & bruschetta, that was also lovely & arrived on a wooden board. My fiancé had ham hock terrine which was also recommended & was very tasty indeed.

Our plates were cleared quickly & glasses kept topped up throughout the meal. Our mains & deserts were also superb, substantial portions, beautiful homemade beef burgers, perfectly seasoned chips & wonderful cod lion. The desserts were also great-mine complete with candle & happy Birthday, written in chocolate!

I really cannot fault anything. Excellent value for money (starters between £6-7 & main courses £11-17.) Staff were excellent, a quick turn of the head & they'd be straight over. Plates were hot & food delicious! Definitely worth a visit.

I am so pleased that our experience at The Brasserie was so great-as next April we are having our Wedding Reception up at Ellenborough Park. I know now we have most definitely made the right choice choosing Ellenborough! Thank you all for a fantastic Birthday! We will be back.

Evesham, United Kingdom
“Birthday to rave about”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Treated my OH to a birthday lunch here yesterday and we were truely spoilt.

With its beautiful setting and stunning buildings Ellenborough park is simply wonderful. With a warm welcome and a calming atmosphere the Brasserie made the perfect location for a modest birthday lunch.

We one one of only a few tables in and with the soft lighting and music the atmosphere was perfect. Whilst tempted by everything on the menu we settled for the following:

To Start:
Cauliflower Soup - Simple but delicious
Pork Haslet with winter piccalilly and melba toasts - flavourful and light
Bread selection - warm fresh bread with a wonderful selection.

Mains:
Loin of Cod with Pine Nut, Pesto and Parmasen Crust served with Mash and Tomato salad - Tender fish with a flavour packed crust. creamy mash and delightfully light tomoato salad.

Slow roasted leg of duck served with Mash and Red Cabbage wit Jus. - Succulant fall off the bone duck, simply amazing.

both main courses were in good sizes and we found we were to full to even glance at the dessert menus.

we had a wonderful lunch and at £66 for two courses and drinks, i felt more then reasonable for the fabulous standard of food.

The service from all staff (3 in total) was top notch and would highly recommend a visit for anyone looking for a spot of lunch with that little something extra.

will return!

• Visited February 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Full of nouveau riches!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Portions far too small, lacking in character, and we hated the sight of the TV playing sport constantly- the brasserie is an extended area of the bar

Visited November 2012
1 Thank j0gli
EllenboroughPk, General Manager at Brasserie at Ellenborough Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are very disappointed that you found that the Brasserie did not come up to your expectations. Please contact me on 01242 545454 so that we can discuss your comments.
We look forward to hearing from you
John Hanna
cheltnham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Royal Wedding”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

seven of us had a wonderful lunch with our own television watching the Royal Wedding a memorable day.

1 Thank libbycheltenham
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good place to go for different occasions. Have been this year racing week which gave it a good atmosphere, after a spa treatment which was quiet but ideal for the occasion and a friends birthday party, which was great.

Visited September 2012