“Something Different”

Well Walk Tea Room
Ranked #23 of 479 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy traditional, homemade scones, cakes, soups, quiches and more in this family-run tea room, in one of Cheltenham’s earliest shops. A unique experience taking tea amongst decorative antiques and textiles, a feast for the eyes and appetite. Vegetarian and gluten free options available.We are also able to cater for Private Parties, Hen Parties and Club meetings. Please get in touch with us and we would be happy to help.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Dropped in here for tea and cake after the cinema this afternoon to see what all the 'fuss' was about. It proved to be very pleasant, with good tea/cakes and chirpy service. Yes it is rather quirky and quaint, but well worth a visit if you are looking for something a bit different.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My first visit to this quaint and quirky tea room. I enjoyed every moment of the hour+ that my pal and I lingered over our coffee and sinful lemon drizzle and amoretti cake (must ask for the receipe next time). My delight started as we approached the tea room which is reminiscent of the Old Curiosity Shop. It is hung inside and out with wonderful old curios, antiques and bric-a-brac and our goodies were served on an ecclectic range of fine china and cutlery. The staff were simply charming and genuinely seemed to enjoy serving us. The menu prices were all so very reasonable and I can't wait to visit again. A truly delightful experience.

2  Thank Kate C
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A wonderful traditional tearoom in a lovely heritage property near to St Marys Church. A very unpretentious and quirky restaurant offering great snacks and very nice cakes. Venture to the other floors to explore the antiques on sale. Would recommend to anyone visiting Cheltenham or to locals, as the very friendly local, Mary, at the next table informed us ' She goes every week as the staff are lovely ' I agree fully with Marys sentiment!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Super staff, very reasonably priced but not great food as it was way too simple and poorly presented. To be honest the table, cutlery and crockery were grubby and it all looked like it needed a good session in the dishwasher. Great for those who like olde-worlde tea shops and charming ambience ( and it helps if you have poor vision so you might not spot the dirt )but serious diners should avoid it.

1  Thank tastebutdonteat
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had the most wonderful 60th birthday party attended by my family and 25 ladies "taking tea" all my dearest friends.
The staff had worked hard to make this a memorable occasion, always smiling ,laughing and joining in the fun. A fabulous chocolate birthday cake was made for me by the staff and all my friends were able to take home a goody bag of cakes etc to husbands "not invited".
Here's looking forward to my 61st, and thank you to Tom and pretty girls who looked after us all.
If you want a warm civilised but not pretentious place for tea, coffee or lunch do not consider anywhere else but here.

1  Thank willow187047