“Brilliant from start to end!”
Review of Mu Brasserie - CLOSED

Mu Brasserie
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

First of all booking was easy by simply sending an email, no problems there. When we arrived we were greeted and shown to our seats by a waitress that was only too happy to help. Drinks and starters were delivered promptly. My girlfriend and I shared the chicken and bacon pâté which was delightful, only thing that could be added to improve the dish is maybe another piece of toast. One slice seems to leave a lot of chutney, leaves and pâté left over! The taste was however brilliant. You know it's going to be good quality meat when they asked how I wanted my burger done (first time I've ever been asked that!) My girlfriend had the 8oz rump steak and said it was beautiful I quote "the perfect steak and chips" high praise! I went for the burger (I forget the actual name) but again this was of the highest quality, the burger was clearly made fresh on site by the taste and all the fillings that went into the granary roll appeared to be fresh too! I would go as far as saying the best burger I've ever had. We shared a bottle of rosé which was not overpriced and finished with the cheesecake. Again, following suit of the rest of the meal the cheesecake didn't fail to deliver. Staff came round a few times to ask how everything was and were extremely polite and courteous at all times. All in all, a wonderful place to eat that I wouldn't hesitate in going back to. Great job!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My Mum and myself decided to go out for a meal as we hadn't in a very long time. We were both so so happy with our choice. The service was excellent as all of the staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout. The music was lovely and really added to its relaxed atmosphere and the food was simply gorgeous. I have never had a steak cooked so perfectly. Both my Mum and myself were extremely happy with our visit, we had two courses and a cocktail to finish. I am looking forward to organising another trip back to Mu Brasserie and would 100% recommend it to anybody!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We came to mu brasserie to taste the meat as im a steak lover and trip advisor came up with mu brasserie being one of the best places to eat steak we were all very impressed the meats were cooked perfectly i had the fillet medium done and it was amazing also my family tried the rump and also cooked and tasted fantastic ! If your looking to go out for a good steak try mu brasserie:)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Held a party here for 20 a few weeks ago and could not have been more delighted. Food was simply stunning. Fresh, fabulously flavoured and beautifully presented. There was not one unsatisfied person in our group! Staff were excellent too. Attentive and anticiated needs without being obtrusive. Liked the fact its an independent - makes it that bit more special. We had a fabulous time and woukd recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Large party of us ate here this week. Haven't eaten here before but my husband is a regular with "the boys" and we got to go this time. The meat you get here is just fantastic. I was worried about not having a steak knife to eat my pork ribs but my concern was unwarranted - they were falling off the bone. Generous portion, not overpriced. Couldn't finish them (but one of "the boys" helped). Pate starter was great too. Most of the guys went for steaks and lamb and thoroughly enjoyed them, as usual (apparently).

Service was good. It's also nice to support an independent restaurant in these corporate times. I am looking forward to going back - and taking more girls next time.