1,562 results
All reviews outdoor pool beaufort dining room boot room afternoon tea the fine dining restaurant horse box main building beautiful hotel cheltenham race course luxury room classic room scones steam room and sauna five star hotel four poster bed attention to detail special occasion
Reviewed September 12, 2018

This was the first time we had stayed at this hotel and found it to be of the highest standard. Staff were very polite and helpful. There are excellent facilities here if you want to make full use of the Spa, pool, etc
Most of the rooms are located in out buildings but they are all modern, well fitted and comfortable.
We ate in the main restaurant for one night and on another in the Horsebox which is more of a pub atmosphere. On both nights the food was very good. Can also recommend afternoon tea which is served in the old part of the main building.
It is only a short drive into Cheltenham town centre, and the hotel has a view of the racecourse which is close by.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chromegate
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Sadly, not enough time to have a good look round this beautiful hotel but can recommend a visit as everything looks to be expertly managed. Our quick lunch was delicious and I can wholly recommend the delicious fish and chips and the chicken liver pate. All of us has a good lunch, my husband enjoyed the garlic mushrooms on garlic toast. Generous portions too.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank zulinska
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Was really disappointed today, we booked to have our Sunday meal here. There was no roast! When booking the table ( we come regularly, )no one mentioned this to us. When we asked the waiter he said they don’t serve roast in “The Horse Box” which we then explained they did as we have had previously. So we got on and ordered fish and chips, pies and burgers... all very Sunday lunch!! The service was slow but we had some drinks and the food was really nice. My daughters were gutted not to get there usual amazing Yorkshire pudding only to look over and see other tables being served a fabulous helping of Roast Beef. It’s such a shame as it will stop us returning to our local - we live in the village!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Ginny M
Camille P, Manager at Ellenborough Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ginny M,

Thank you for taking the time to send across this feedback. The roast should have been available even though not on the menu and I am sorry that it ran out on the day. We have however added this to the menu in the Horse Box to ensure that it is always available, so hope that you shall return to us soon- especially because you are so local to the hotel.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The staff were beyond polite and respectful. Food was beautiful, room was as advertised... luxury! Couldn’t have been happier.
Jordan (bar supervisor) helped my husband and I get to our room at 3am AFTER his shift had finished, I’d broken my foot and the compassion the staff had was amazing. Thankyou for such a lovely stay in the hotel, we will be back. Next time without the broken bones!

Room Tip: We stayed in the luxury room, it was exactly that, luxury!
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ka2e91

Dear Ka2e91,

It was a pleasure to receive your review, and I have passed your thanks on to Jordan personally. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Last May my wife booked 3 rooms for an important family celebration from 25 to 28 August. She added a 4th room a few days before, making 9 guests in all. From about 18 August she tried to arrange details (times etc.) of meals, and spa treatments, by telephone from abroad. Repeatedly, when the switchboard tried to put her through to the relevant departments, either nobody picked up or, if they did speak to her, they promised to get back to her but uniformly failed to do so. This went on over several days, and was both hugely incompetent and very rude. Finally, I managed to speak to the Operations Manager, who was very apologetic and promised to get back to my wife immediately with her email address etc. so that matters could be sorted out. But even she did not do so. At last, having waited for several hours, I emailed the hotel late at night to say that we were cancelling. The Operations Manager then managed to email right back, once again full of apologies and promises. But it was too late. What we had all been anticipating for several months as a lovely family celebration had been completely ruined.
This hotel may have lovely grounds and, reputedly, a good chef. But in other important respects its organisation has proved to be shambolic. As another, typical illustration, shortly before we cancelled my daughter had contacted the concierge asking for babysitting to be organised for a 4-year-old child. He promised to get back to her, and the next day, after we had cancelled, he wrote to my wife (not daughter) saying that he had managed to arrange babysitting for a 14 -year-old child! Enough said.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank Maurice M

Dear Maurice M,

I was so very sorry that you decided not to stay with us for your family celebration. We did feel that we offered multiple options and accommodated your plans well, even bringing in extra staff to create extra availability within the spa for you all. I did come back to you within our agreed time frame which was that evening but again I can only offer my apologies that this was not enough to remedy the situation. I sincerely hope that you still managed to enjoy your time with your family.

Kindest Regards,