“ULTIMATE WEDDING VENUE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ellenborough Park

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ellenborough Park
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Cheltenham
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“ULTIMATE WEDDING VENUE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

If your after the wedding of a life time then stop looking now. we looked at wedding venues before, and this place beats them by miles. Completely exceeded all our expectations and our guests were amazed. Its the detail which counts, its the little things which makes it such a perfect day, like the mood lighting and electic blinds in the wedding breakfast area. need i say more! Ellenborough park should be classed a 6 star. I can understand why they are winning awards even though its only just opened april 2011. thanks to all the staff. Mr and Mrs pinington.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pthev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

we stayed at Elleborough park for our Wedding anniversary, It was the most amazing experience we have ever had. The location is just magical the service and facilities are Just 5* "Would recommend having a relaxing massage at the spa" Being a chef myself the food was first class with lots of choice & very helpful staff. We stayed in the most luxurious rooms with a superior four posterbed and a beautiful ensuite.

We never wanted to go home thank you everyone for the most relaxing enjoyable stay.

Mr & Mrs Mills

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Oh boy. I did not realise that this hidden gem would be this good. This was a weekend break for our wedding anniversary, so wanted it to be a bit special. Well, it pretty much exceeded our expectations. We booked a standard room (they call it The Classic room). On arrival, the Manor House was stunning. As we drove up, 2 very well presented young men greeted us and took the car away to be parked for us. Our luggage went on ahead. The receptionist was very welcoming and invited us to be seated as she booked us in. She was very professional, but still warm. Then, to our amazement, she invited us to be shown around the hotel, which we happily did. There is even a boot room where you may borrow socks and green wellies for walking. The tour was brief and ended up at the door to our room. As the door opened, the wow factor hit us. A four poster bed, very high quality furniture and fittings and a superb bathroom with a shower enclosure large enough for a rugby team (said my wife), a netball team I preferred to think. The room (room 6) had a south facing view of the grounds. The room offered the usual extras, but in addition, magazines, radio times, with a bookmark inserted on the correct date (honest!) binoculars (actually these were missing), umbrella, torch! Free wifi. the TV had a clever door enclosure if you wanted to hide it away. Slippers, bath robes, lovely shower gels etc. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. There is an evening turn down service which is very good. We booked a celebration package, which comprised of one night in the fine dining room, 1 night in the Brasserie and 2 cream teas (which we used as lunch). The cream teas are divine. Scones baked to order (you actually book a time slot), choice of teas, served by wonderful serving staff in the great hall. It could have done with some very feint "musak" in the background as you could here a pin drop. Every area of the hotel is lovely and the recent refurbishment has been completed to the highest of standards and respected the property's heritage too. The fine dining was superb. The food was excellent and prepared to the exact request. The wine is very expensive, but you have to push the boat out sometimes, right? The sommelier (a Spanish chap) was first class. If I have to find one slight negative, it is again, the lack of atmosphere due to no background music - this dining room is screaming out for a pianist or similar, just to set the scene perfectly. The management should give this serious thought. The Brasserie (2nd night) was also very good and had a lot more atmosphere (largely due to several young children, we dine early) but all good. We used the Spa, adjacent to the main building, which was equally excellent. the staff there were 1st class and very friendly. I took a 25 minute massage and the masseur was very attentive and put you at ease. The changing rooms were divine and I dawdled there on my own, just because it was so luxurious. The spa hot tub was nice, if small, but no bother. I did not get to use the outdoor pool, but took a look and it looked lovely. Again, changing rooms excellent. The extensive grounds were well kept and some nice walks can be had. Overall, I think this is a pricey hotel, but you get what you pay for. Despite the excellence of the property, facilities and accommodation, it was the staff that ultimately made this a heavenly place to be. I tip my hat to the person who has put together such an excellent, well trained set of staff, I would not have thought it possible. If there is a hotel in the United Kingdom better than this, then I would very much like someone to tell me about it.

Room Tip: Book a room in the main Manor house
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WeirdFish63
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I visited Ellenborough Park recently and had a fantastic stay. The hotel has been recently refurbished, and the attention to detail ensuring guests' comfort is superb. The staff are extremely professional, and the attentiveness of their service sets this property apart from mere four-star hotels!

For the outdoor enthusiasts, the hotel has a boot room with wellies available for exploring the trails nearby. Cleeve Hill across the road affords some fantastic views of the racing grounds and surrounding countryside.

Room Tip: I'd recommend requesting a room in the older part of the hotel if possible
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My boyfriend took me to Ellenborough Park as a birthday surprise. What an amazing hotel - brilliant mix of old and new with friendly staff and the food....wow.
The room was luxurious without trying too hard. Large and airy with a massive bathroom and a gorgeous freestanding bath.
The staff were friendly and professional at all times - they were even kind enough to actually take away some garments for ironing when we were running late for our dinner reservation.
The food at the restaurant was terrific - beautifully presented with attentive and knowledgeable staff
on hand for any questions.
The grounds and building itself were immaculate - in the evening we went for a wander around outside before heading to the bar area for a drink.
Thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would definitely recommend a visit. We didn't make it into the spa but from the blurb in the room it looks on par with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Joallan
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed as a last minute decision as I had heard that it is the best hotel in the area. I arrived late, after a conversation with a very helpful member of staff had agreed my stay.

The 2 members of staff were great and the only thing that would have ruined my stay was feather bedding. I had arrived so late that I nearly stripped the bed to save the headache that sometimes arrises, even in the best of hotels. I normally arrange for alternative bedding before my arrival and even then I have slept with no pillows or duvet! All 5 star hotels!

The welcome was so great and the room so gorgeous that I wanted to fully appreciate the room, I called down to reception and wondered what kind of reaction I would get! It was late!

The 2 members of staff were again fantastic and I had the most perfect evening, I almost forgot that I was there on business, which rarely happens!

It is a truly beautiful place, luxurious and with great staff. I will certainly be staying again as soon as I can get back.

Room Tip: Mine was a standard and it was lovely, with a stunning bathroom
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Exeter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Everything about this hotel was great - rooms, staff, pool and the grounds. We went to celebrate my 50th and it was memorable. We had one of the basic rooms but it was still very spacious and had all the facilities and a fantastic view of the pool area.
I will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheltenham
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel
The Cheltenham Park Hotel
The Cheltenham Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,582 reviews

Been to Ellenborough Park? Share your experiences!