“What a Gem”
Review of The Parrot Bar and Grill - CLOSED

The Parrot Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“What a Gem”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked a table here for 6 to celebrate my son's 19th birthday. What a treat it was. Food is excellent and is one of the best steaks that I have ever had. Service is very good and friendly atmosphere.
Only down side is the lack of Real Ale for the Real Ale fans.
Will go again.

South West England, United Kingdom
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Highly recommend the fillet steak! Was cooked to perfection!
Good service was received and a very nice surrounding.
Looking forward to another visit!

“amazing beautiful food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

me and my boyfriend went here for valentines very romantic with candles, im a very picky person and they had so much patience the main man that served me offered me drinks to try and if i didnt like them no charge he said its a common thing he does at the bar, they changed the menu around for me because i was being picky and only like certain things and offered me extra with my starter i just want to go back every night i crave there food it was so Delicious overall theres nothing i can diss they made our night so special i will defiantly be going back!!! it is quite expensive but everywhere is now a days

“Excellent steaks”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've visited the Parrot on several occasions and have never left disappointed.

The range of steak available is excellent and I haven't had a bad one, although a few have been slightly overdone; but nothing worth complaining about. The triple-cooked chips are delicious!

Price-wise is about right, and a good selection of drinks. The bar area is comfortable and separated from the dining area, but due to it's (very) slightly out of the way location won't feature on many bar crawls.

Staff are very pleasant and obliging, have always felt valued and well-looked after.

The vegetarian options are a little disappointing and lack of choice. Obviously it's a meat-eater's haven, but given my significant other is a veggie, I find myself unable to go as much as I would like due to the lack of options for her. On one occasion the chef did come out and inform us he would cook anything she would like; so it pays to ask. This was after the meal unfortunately!

All in all an excellent place to go for a decent steak or a quiet drink.

• Visited December 2012
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Cracking quality meat and a cosy setting”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been to the Parrot a fair few times over the last couple of years, and the thing that keeps me coming back is the quality of the meat - and long may it keep me coming back, along with the staff friendliness and cosy atmosphere.