“Moreish food & service with finesse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Star Bistro

Star Bistro
Ranked #6 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: StarBistro is a social enterprise by National Star enabling young people with disabilities to gain real life work experience. We offer a quality dining experience for our customers using the finest local and seasonal ingredients and in so doing develop a truly local and sustainable supply chain. Our food is prepared simply, tastefully and in season.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moreish food & service with finesse!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I hosted a surprise 30th birthday party with a 1920's theme earlier this month. With about a week to plan everything, I needed to arrange for some indulgent nibbles for my guests. I approached Linda for her suggestions and despite me being last minute, Linda was very quick to offer her advice and suggestions.
I went for the anti-pasti platters and cheese selections with grapes. It was beautifully presented, very classy, good quality but most importantly tasty and 'moreish'! When I went to collect the food, the care and attention of the chef to make sure it was all top notch just turned my otherwise hectic day in to a relieving one. The platters went perfectly with the setting and the theme! I am still receiving compliments about the food from the guests and even the venue staff was impressed!
I’m a serial Pepper Crescent goer and what makes a difference is that the team there are all personable, reliable and you can tell that they love what they do! Whether it’s my caramel cappuccino or party food, the same level of service is afforded to me every time. A definite recommendation !

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank UA_CHELT

Cheltenahm UK
“Souper soup”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I like this place first time and won't be the last. Artichokes soup with chestnuts lovely flavour and a nice touch. Had the side of a roast beef sandwich, beef rare and with a lovely onion marmalade. Next time will try the 2 colour brownies

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Service, Great Night!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After having a few great brunches at Pepper Crescent we decided it would be a nice venue for my wife’s 50th Birthday Party. From the moment we enquired Linda Jones the owner couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating. Linda was full of ideas and great menu options and followed it all through seamlessly. The night itself could'nt have been better the venue looked great, the food was fantastic, the cocktail maker that Linda provided was an entertainer in his own right and the cocktails went down a storm with the guests and the service from Linda and her staff was exceptional. We would highly recommend Pepper Crescent as a venue for private events and of course a great place for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Philip S
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic burgers”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved this little cafe/restaurant, tucked away in the basement of a house on Royal Crescent.

Decorated in a bright and funky style, the service is friendly and the food lovingly prepared. The burgers were simply fantastic - so tasty and fresh. If there is any criticism, my wife's lamb salad could have done with more lamb.

All in all, a great place for breakfast or lunch, and one that deserves its high praise.

Visited October 2012
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect Hen Party venue!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked a function room and afternoon tea here for my sister's hen party and it was fabulous! The staff were friendly and helpful and left us to crack on with our willow weaving! The afternoon tea was delicious, little sandwiches, cheese straws, simply awesome little sweet cakey things, scones with jam and more cream than I've seen in my life! And endless tea and coffee, juice etc. All beautifully presented. We were all stuffed and happy afterwards :-)

Good location, beautiful venue and absolutely perfect for a civilised afternoon of crafting and chatting. Highly recommended for a hen party or similar - thanks to all at Pepper Crescent for helping make the day special!

• Visited October 2012