Beaumont House
$225
MGallery
  • Restaurant
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
$84
Hotels.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
$91
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
$134
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$87
$78
The George Hotel(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
$122
$118
Orbitz.com
Ellenborough Park(Cheltenham)
$831
$669
Priceline
Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
$77
$68
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsafrica roomwhirlpool bathhonesty barthemed roomscomplimentary fruitb btop floorhonor barsingle roomfresh milk in the fridgeminute strollbreakfast was deliciouslittle touchesbusiness or pleasureon arrivalsmall hoteltea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked the Out of Africa suite as a surprise for a night away for my husbands birthday- what a fabulous little hotel this is- we were greeted on arrival by a very welcoming receptionist who showed us round the hotel before bringing us to our room and what a stunning room it was - my other half was truly impressed with the beautiful and unusual decor and all the amenities the room has to offer such as the mini bar etc- the fruit and chocolates are a lovely touch too
After enjoying a drink in the hotel we took a taxi into the centre of Cheltenham - its only a couple of minutes by cab and cost about £6 each way - we prefer to stay out of the centre of town as parking can be problematic in many of the towns hotels- car parking at the Beaumont is easy with a spacious off road car park- a big plus for us.
After a great nights sleep we breakfasted like kings - all menu choices were freshly prepared to a very high standard and served in the light airy dining room by cheerful professional staff.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff in this lovely hotel and we cant wait to return and try the Out of Asia room!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheila w
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice now. Once in the Out of Africa room and once in the Out of Asia room. Both rooms are beautifully decorated with stunning bathrooms, Jacuzzi baths etc. I think my favourite would be the Out of Africa room as it is at the back of the hotel and overlooks the gardens and is slightly larger. However the bathroom in the Out of Asia room is nicer I think. No detail is overlooked in this hotel, they think of everything and nothing is too much trouble. Fan, the lady of the house is the perfect hostess and is so thoughtful and kind. She found out it was my birthday while we were having breakfast one morning and when we returned to our room she had been and left a lovely present for me. The next time we went, it was my birthday again, my husband had already told her when booking our room and this time we were treated to a lovely bottle of Prosecco in our room before we went to dinner. Speaking of the breakfast, they are fantastic with everything cooked to order from Smoked haddock and poached egg, scrambled egg and smoked salmon to the full English of course. The house and gardens are beautiful. In the conservatory there is a coffee maker which makes cappuccinos, lattes etc. which you can help yourself to free of charge (you can also make tea of course) there are also thoughtful touches like biscuits, books, games etc. you can borrow. I believe you can also have an evening meal during the week, by arrangement. We have not tried out the honesty bar in the lounge as we always go out for the evening. We can thoroughly recommend the Daffodil restaurant which is about a 15 minute walk from Beaumont House. This is the one down side about the Beaumont, it is a bit of a hike to the centre if you are walking although there are some restaurants, bars etc. closer to the hotel. It is still our hotel of choice in Cheltenham though, simply because of the fantastic service and thoughtful extra touches. Yes, it is a little more expensive than most B&Bs but you get what you pay for and more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just stayed here for a night and what a beautiful hotel. Staff were so welcoming and friendly and any request you asked was no problem. Fran is a lovely woman willing to help with anything, even when busy preparing food she still took the time to help me choose a restaurant and book it for me along with a taxi. Rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely clean. Will def be returning :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Joharris1510
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having just returned from this hotel for our wedding anniversary we are compelled to try and say just how good this little hotel really is. We arrived on friday afternoon to be greeted by a cheerful receptionist who knew who we were and showed us around the hotel before showing us up to our room (the out of asia room). The room was perfect with chocolates and fresh fruit and bottled water all complimentary. The room was a lovely size with a very comfy bed with incredible egyptian cotton sheets, the whirlpool bath was fantastic. Our room was overlooking the main road but it never gave us any real noise with the window wide open as you might think.
The receptionist gave us a little map of the town and pointed us towards the short cut into town down a tree lined residential street, we were there within a 15 minute stroll to the first bar!
The breakfasts are freshly cooked and all local sausages, eggs and bacon fabulous.
All in all we were very well looked after by Fan and her team who were always happy and ready to help.
A very friendly personal service that i dont think you would get from a chain hotel.
I think there are more than likely cheaper B and B hotels but the quality shines through.

Room Tip: Book the out of Asia or out of Africa rooms for an extra special treat.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Perhaps because it's a little outside the centre of town - a fifteen minute walk/five minute drive to the lovely Montpellier area - it was a while on my regular business trips to Cheltenham before I discovered this lovely B&B. It's a five star b&B so to all intents and purposes it's a really stylish hotel. The style in the huge house is reminiscent of the Hotel Du Vin. The rooms are very comfortable and there's an honesty bar in the lovely lounge with a wide range of drinks available. There is seating in the garden but it's always been too cold for me to take advantage of that. Breakfast is great - I'm a sucker for the smoked haddock and poached egg. Ample car-parking space. And some really interesting shops and restaurants on your (walking) route into town that otherwise I'd never have been aware of.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the top floor - but you have to be prepared for sloping ceilings and mind your head!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business