“Date night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thai Brasserie
Ranked #144 of 440 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“Date night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice restaurant and the food was good. It was very quiet and felt a little too lacking in atmosphere. Nowhere the rooms are beautiful and it does depend on what you want.

Probably one for takeaways rather than eating in.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Feedback”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked a meal for my partner and myself in Cheltenham on 22 Mar under the name of Nigel for 830pm.  We were sat next to a group of 4 lads who were loud, obnoxious and seemingly drunk.

2 of them started staring at my girlfriend and making sexist comments. We decided to carry on with our meal as we have young children and don't have the opportunity to get out on our own much. Towards The end of our meal another bloke joined them using a chair on our table to join them. Staff kindly asked if we wanted to move but as we'd nearly finished but declined as we'd nearly finished. We ate and I made my views known to staff before we left.

My girlfriend was made to feel uncomfortable and I was ashamed to be a bloke. The food was very nice but I doubt we will visit this restaurant again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Expensive Race week menu, Cheltenham festival”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends had enjoyed a good day at the races so we treated ourselves to the Thai Brasserie having eaten there before. The service and the food were all excellent, I had the Red Thai Chicken Curry with Sticky rice which was delicious.
If I do have a gripe I am not sure we were given the regular menu though as it seemed we had the "Race week" version which I suspect had quite inflated prices, my curry was £12 plus the rice and regular size Singha beers were £4.25 each. Overall we had a pleasant evening with good quality food in nice surrounding but did feel the restaurant were cashing in on a busy week in the town.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Four of us went for a meal on a Saturday evening at short notice, so we hadn't booked but they were able to fit us in. We sat upstairs and had a very pleasant meal, the wine list was quite expensive (Chardonnay at £28) and they forgot my main course, but it came a few minutes later. Friendly and attentive staff, would go again.

Visited February 2013
“Lovely Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a few times and have always had a lovely meal and really good service. The staff are friendly and will offer information on menu choices. The mixed starter then the red curry and coconut rice is my favourite.

• Visited February 2013