“A must”

Joules Pizzeria, Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 449 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Joules is the perfect place to meet and relax. Whether it is a leisurely breakfast, a fantastic coffee with friends, a light bite, a quick drink or lingering over a sumptuous dinner we really do have it all. We are passionate about our food with fresh local produce used as much as possible and our Pizzas are second to none!
cheltenham uk
“A must”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visited Joules cafe, bar and restaurant this week. What a lovely surprise. Owner Scott Elliot was so welcoming, could not do enough for us. I had the seafood pizza, just mouth-watering think it might be the best I have eaten. I shall certainly return.

• Visited February 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A little gem not to be missed.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was our first visit having lived just around the corner for many years and passed the restaurant without noticing it. What a shame we have missed the delightful experience of their culinary expertise all this time!

I cannot recommend Joules highly enough. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is sublime. The hand-made pizzas must not be missed, as well as a large selection of other pasta dishes and char grills to get those gastric juices flowing.

If you want a cozy, relaxed, dining experience this is the place. The background music is set to a level so that you can have a conversation without screaming at each other (unlike other restaurants we have visited). There is an extensive wine list with all the favourites, all reasonably priced.

My wife had the whole baked baby camembert with crusty bread, cranberry sauce and red onion & blueberry marmalade and I had the bruschetta toasted Italian bread, topped with vine tomatoes, garlic, basil, extra virgin oil and Parmesan shavings - as starters these were a feast in their entirety.

Our main course comprised Pollo Messicano, Spicy chicken, peppers, mushrooms, onion, mozzarella & tomato with or without fresh chillies in a deep crust pizza base for myself and "Something Different!" - introduced to Joules restaurant by a chef from Bologna. This comprised a folded ham pocket, mozzarella, fresh rocket, fresh vine tomato and parmesan shavings, - like a ham salad on a pizza! to quote the menu, for my wife. The portions were large and superbly cooked and presented.

We will certainly visit again - don't miss this one on your visit to Cheltenham!

Free parking is available on site as well.

• Visited January 2013
“Great menu with a range to suit everyone”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon with all four of us having a real variety in what we chose every single dish was great. Good produce treated well to create great food.

We will be back.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Your typical restaurant, nothing special. Was advised there would be a wait to be sat down of 20 minutes which we did not mind and turned out to be an hour. Was pretty expensive for what we got.

• Visited January 2013
clarence99, Owner at Joules Pizzeria, Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for your review. I am sorry about the delay at the weekend, we were very busy and apart from the big party who were in we had few bookings and many walk-ins. All our food is freshly cooked to order from fresh ingredients and so we do need to stagger our tables in order to maintain the quality that we seek to deliver, on saying that if we said 20 minutes then we should have stuck to that and not kept you waiting longer. Having spoken to the team in Joules I think we were trying to look after you when you asked for a table and in hindsight we should have given you a more realistic time scale. I am sorry you feel that our prices are expensive, we pride ourselves on offering good value for money bearing in mind the food is freshly prepared using fresh local ingredients. We feel that Pizzas from £6.50 - £11, Pastas from £7.25 - £11 and entrees from £10 - £18 is very competitive.

Regards

Chris
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I live in Wellington Square, so have eaten here a few times and always had good food. The service is amazing, so when I received an email asking if I was booking a christmas meal, I booked here for our works meal, we went our last night, they had decorated the table, we were all treated like old friends, nothing was too much trouble, everyone enjoyed the meal, thank you Scott and all your staff for such a wonderful night - sorry about the party poppers x

• Visited December 2012