“Best in Cheltenham!”
Review of Turkish Grille Restaurant - CLOSED

Turkish Grille Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 60 seater very friendly family restaurant.Very reasonable in price. Turkish -Med cuisine,Occasional belly dancing entertainment. Has a real very nice fireplace Children are always welcome.Open seven days a week.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I moved to Cheltenham from the United States almost a year ago and my apologies for keeping this best kept secret. Turkish Grille has the best food and service in the area. I've been to many restaurants in the area and this is the best. I go at least 2-3 times a month.

Enjoy!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went here for a late meal after watching a show at the Town Hall. We knew we were lucky to get a table so late in the evening (10.15pm). When we arrived the restaurant was completely empty, so obviously we were a little disappointed at first with the atmosphere. We need not have worried, the owner and staff were really great. They made us feel so welcome and it was obvious that they had stayed open late for us. Food was great, bill was reasonable. As it was my birthday the next day, they sang happy birthday with a cake and candle and even gave me a bottle of wine to take home! We had kisses and hugs when we left. A big thank you to them from us four ladies we had a blast.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The bulgar rice was amazing! A must eat!
Service was excellent. Will come back again. We had complimentary black tea at the end which was lovely of them.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We live just outside Cheltenham but, until recently, I had never heard of the Turkish Grille. I was looking for inspiration on TripAdvisor and noticed it was ranked at no. 5 or 6. The other restaurants with high rankings are all the very obvious ones in Cheltenham but I was intrigued to see a little Turkish restaurant in a side street ranked so highly. So we went and we have been back since, taking the children with us. We were not disappointed. Looking at the front of the restaurant so would think it was a cafe and probably carry on past it. Go inside though and it is warm and inviting in a fairly simple style. On cold days the fire will be lit. The furniture is pretty basic, no frills stuff, but perfectly adequate. What makes this place so good is the extremely friendly welcome from the staff and owner, the good, simple Turkish food and the very reasonable prices (starters £4 a £5 and mains around £10). In a town full of restaurant chains, it is lovely to find one that is individual. Don't go expecting high-end gastronomy and you will be dry pleased you went.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We have recently recieved a taste card and had always liked the look of the Turkish grille. Happily when we checked the website they accepted the 241 deal even on a Friday!

The good was excellent the staff and ( I assume) owner were really friendly and always happy to bring over another beer!

We will go back with friends for sure.