“Lovely food but pricey”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We used our Taste Card for 50% off. The meal was very pricey at about £55 for 3 courses. The cheapest wine was £25 a bottle (it may've even been £28) so needless to say we only had one. They served little nibbles in the drawing room whilst you browse the menu then then take you through to your table. The waitresses were very attentive and the bread was lovely (we had double-twice!) The meal was good. The food was small portions but I guess thats what you get for Cordon Bleu. I think Lumiere in town is better value and better food though. Sorry Greenway, Lumiere wins this round.

1  Thank Gillchelt
There are newer reviews for The Greenway Restaurant

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Eaten here just twice recently and both times it has been fantastic food and brilliant service. Fairly large menu and a huge choice of quality wines. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Greenway Hotel and decided to have dinner at the restaurant on our first night. At over £50 per person for a three course meal, my expectations were for good food in small portions and good service. To be fair the service was good. And the portions were small. The food, however, was generally poor.

I had scallops for starter and they were ok, but nothing more than that. My husband ordered a tomato consomme with a dumpling of some sort. The consomme was tasteless and while the dumpling was apparently nice, it was tiny.

I ordered aubergines with feta cheese and baby vegetables as a main course and while the presentation was lovely, it was absolutely tasteless. It seemed to lack any sort of seasoning. My husband's cod also looked good but was severely lacking in flavour.

We then shared a dessert platter and I have to admit that the poached pear, the souffle and orange ice cream were delicious. However, but that stage we were so disappointed with the food that the desserts did little to cheer us up. We left hungry and disappointed. I've been to plenty of good restaurants and while this one tries very hard it just wasn't great.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I booked 8 rooms and a meeting room for a sales meeting and from start to finish this was one of the best places ever. I had a budget to stick to and it was tight . They did a package for me and everyone agreed that it was superb. We had the private dining room and the food was amazing as was the wine. I loved the rooms as well and now they have a super spa which we could all use as well. I would highly recommend this to anyone but make sure you know what you are ordering and take care on the bar bill as you would do anywhere decent....love it.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I went to this establishment with a friend who enjoys single malt Scotch whisky. He had two doubles during the course of the lunch, after which I was staggered to note that the cost of these was £ 78-00 !! (Seventy-eight pounds!!) When I guess that the price of a BOTTLE of the particular single malt was around £ 40-00, I consider this to be sheer profiteering! Avoid at all costs!