DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham(Charlton Kings)(Great Value!)
$105
$90
$100
The Rising Sun Hotel(Cleeve Hill)(Great Value!)
$77
The Cheltenham Townhouse(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
$104
$94
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
$77
$69
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

No 131(Cheltenham)
$108
Hotels.com
$159
$155
All reviewsnapoli suitecontinental breakfastcar parkyogurtdoor codeglass roofkitchen areapatio doorswet roomtext messagelovely accommodationrestaurants and shopsfixtures and fittingshuge bedcentral locationlocation is excellenttown centre
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Firstly this review should count as 2 x 5* reviews.

Myself & husband and my parents stayed at these apartments 24th for 3 nights, us in the Roma Studio Suite and my parents in the Milano Suite.

I work in the travel industry and have done for 14yrs, I liked the booking system, makes everything very clear, I like that a deposit can be taken and the rest of the amount is automatically taken on the date advised - I am busy and forgetful so perfect for me!

Had emails with all useful information, a text msg and a call from a very friendly lady advising they wouldn’t be in on Christmas day - I didn’t expect them to be either, everyone needs a day off :) but they put double the amount of breakfast items in the in the fridge, which was perfect

Parking was easier to find that we expected - and following up from another review the car park does have a security light for the evenings. Also unless your familiar with Cheltenham you might not realise how expensive parking is in the town centre so free parking while we was there was perfect!

Both apartments were beautiful and very well equip and clearly very well maintained and looked after!

The skylight of the Roma Studio is wonderful, even when the weather was bad it was lovely listening to the rain, and the blackout blind was perfect when we had a hang over boxing day morning!

I would be happy to send any of my clients to these apartments without any hesitation at all!!

Thank you Strozzi Palace for making our first Christmas away from home in over 20yrs a great one!

Room Tip: Roma Stuido is the smallest but perfect, The Milano suite is also beautiful and has a sitting area so better if you like more room
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I loved the booking system - lots of information before you go, as there is no reception desk once there. It is great, you can just turn up and enjoy your stay.(there are numbers to call if you are not happy, but I guess the downside of no reception is that you get less instant feedback).

Location is great - just a short walk to all the shops/restaurants needed. We located the site quite easily.

Parking is OK. Carpark isn't secure, and isn't the prettiest site. I'm not sure if it is lit at night, but I doubt it - I also doubt it is patrolled, but cannot confirm.

Easy to type in pin ID to get in the building, hall on arrival looks lovely. Very welcoming.

Once in the apartment, it had all the necessary items - kitchen area was clean and our breakfast had been delivered.

If i was being picky, i did note small details that need to be improved. Ceiling light in lobby had broken, more teabags maybe - and the advertised luxury complimentary toiletries were of a cheaper brand than advertised. Indicators maybe of a few corners being cut? The pictures on the wall were lovely - but in the Roma suite, we had pictures of Venice. Lovely though they are, I loved my time in Rome, so maybe some more photos could tie the room together more.

We had a room on the top floor - it was quirky to use the full length window blind to blot out the rainy outside world.

Overall we enjoyed our brief stay - and would recommend it as a good alternative to the traditional hotel option.

1  Thank Skyblueshabba
Strozzi, Manager at Strozzi Palace Boutique Suites by Mansley, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We would like to correct some errors with this review.

The car park is monitored 24hrs by closed circuit cameras, is also patrolled by a security company and has security lighting. We have not had a problem in the car park in the 5 years we have been operating.

The toiletries brand referred to are not "cheaper". The reverse is true. We use Gilchrist and Soames products which are of the highest possible quality and our guest feedback confirms this.

The lightbulb which had blown in this suite was replaced with an hour. We pride ourselves on maintaining our product and the quality thereof.

We offer apologies that this guest did not feel that photos of Venice were appropriate in the suite but the theme of the Strozzi Palace is generally italian.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We love Cheltenham and on this occasion fancied staying somewhere different. We found the Strozzi Palace on the net, and decided to book a stay. We haven't really done apartment breaks before, but this stay was great. Everything catered for, and we can't wait to try out one of the other suites in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

had a lovely two night stay over New Year ... we found the Apartment very luxurious, spacious ,and located centrally to Cheltenham city centre. the room and bathroom was of a high standard which is what I look for in my accomodation. very easy to book, contacted with our pass number to the building and room which was very easy to access.. A lovely continental breakfast in your room. overall we would definatly stay here again..

1  Thank remy52
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Every aspect of our stay at the Strozzi Palace either met or exceeded the high expectations that the website gives you.

Booking is quick and easy, they give you the opportunity then to make any particular requests, but if you forget (as I did) they give you ample reminders and opportunities, and a phone call a couple of days before to check that we had everything sorted that we needed.

Upon arrival my partner, for whom this was a surprise trip, was a little concerned by the car park which is unattractive, but secure, perfectly functional and close to the apartments. These concerns evaporated as we entered the building which is tastefully furnished to a high standard throughout. The room itself was everything that the website promised - stylish, comfortable, luxurious and well thought out, with a huge bed!

We stayed in the Tuscany suite, which has a bath and a superb shower, a dining area by the juliet balcony as well as a good kitchen area and comfy sofa. I am so glad that we allowed a decent amount of down time in our two day stay so that we could really enjoy being in the apartment. The food provided for breakfast was great - fruits, cheeses, yoghurts, cereals, and they catered to our extravagant requests (of peanut butter and crusty white bread) as promised.

Add to this the incredibly convenient location and the superb value for money and It all made for an exceptional stay. We went to celebrate my partners birthday, and at every step of the way the staff of the Strozzi, especially Georgina, went above and beyond to make it an extra special occasion which we both thoroughly enjoyed, for which I am extremely grateful.

Room Tip: The Tuscany suite had very little road noise. I can't imagine any of the suites would disappoint, however the larger suites are ideal for r&r if you're planning on spending a decent amount of time in them during your stay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple