“Lovely aprtments, conveniently located”

Strozzi Palace Boutique Suites by Mansley
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed in these apartments for three nights for our tenth wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The apartment was spacious, clean extremely well equipped and well decorated with modern furnishings. It is also well located for exploring Cheltenham, and being right next to the inner ring road it is great for using as a base for exploring the surrounding area. The only slight downside was a bit of traffic noise, but that's not a fault of the apartment, but rather its location in the city centre - it didn't keep me awake at night. There are loads of restaurants within a short walk from the apartments, which is great if you have been driving all day and want a break at night. Recommend L'Artisan (2 minutes walk) for a special occasion. Well done Strozzi.

1  Thank The_Fury_Zone

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Now I cast my mind back two weeks when I paid £109 for a grubby little Travel lodge in Paddington.....then fourteen days later I end up here for £99 and what a contrast.

This is glorious. I could live here! A large Italian art deco (apologies if thats not the right term for the artists who read this) sitting room off the hall way. A reasonably size kitchen area and I love the large sliding doors into the lovely bedroom. Never stayed in an apartment type place before but believe me who needs a reception and a cooked breakfast.

Was sent the door code, got in easily. Clean main hall area, beautifully decorated. Went up to the first floor to the Milano and entered this quite large oasis.

Bathroom/wetroom is large and well decorated.

Location is very central although I didn't explore much. Just phoned the other half (who I left at home) and promised her a trip here....seriously you won't find better in Cheltenham as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: Any of them!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SimonndJulie
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A great stay at a wonderful hotel. The suites really suit us and are so much more value for money than a regular hotel. The fridge is always stocked up with breakfast items so morning can be a leisurely affair and having the separate seating area is a real bonus. Everything is thought of from quality bathrobes to a corkscrew! Strozzi has a really friendly team who are always willing to help us out. Thank you!

1  Thank 7267helen
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked this place after looking at Trip Advisor for a one night stay. We were very impressed. We were given the code for the entry door and suite. Parking was just along the road. We were in the Milano suite. This is very central for Cheltenham with only a couple of minutes to the centre. Breakfast was available in the fridge etc. - orange juice, fresh milk, yoghurts, fruit, cheese, cereals and croissants. If you are looking for a place with reception staff, bar, restaurant then this is not for you but in my book it is great value. If we are returning to Cheltenham then this would be my first choice. A great unique place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amaroneUk
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Strozzi for 2 nights and was overall impressed with the apartments. I stayed on the Amalfi suite.

My suite was quite bijoux but was fine for a few days. There a lot of really nice touches and it is a well thought out use of space. The bedroom was very comfy and the bed was of excellent quality.

My only gripe was that although the soundproofing was good between adjoining rooms, I could hear every footstep from the people above and I don't feel that they were being heavy footed. It was very squeaky. I'll leave your imagination to other causes that may cause squeaks! There is a fair amount of street noise, but your location makes up for that as is it very central. As others have said the adjoining wee pub is very friendly and the Thai across the road is great.

Overall very chic city living. Please try and sort the squeaky floors and you'll be 5 star.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay, its more than you may expect, quality and detail throughout and we are fussy but it met our best expectations, we have booked to stay on further visits. It is highly recommended. On detail, bed extremely comfortable, food and beverage in fridge is plentiful and great quality, air con great, tv and siting area excellent and the situation is unbeatable for local restaurants and shops, parking is close to venue and first class.

Room Tip: Any room, as i looked around both floors and they are all of the same standard.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Have NEVER written a review before but felt I had to with this place! Stayed here with my boyfriend for his 30th for one night in the Amalfi suite and literally can not fault it! Loved the stocked up fridge, free parking, massive bed, everything is really good quality from the furniture to the Tv's. You would pay £300 to £400 for this in a hotel! I just hope they have these places nationwide! If I had to pick one thing to chane all it would be is to change the from concentrate orange juice to not from concentrate Tropicana or something! But that's just me trying to find a fault! Will 100% come back!

• Stayed: October 2013