“Hidden gem”
Review of Daphne Restaurant

Daphne Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 460 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

After having this restaurant recommended to me, my friend and I went for lunch. Cosy atmosphere with lovely artwork by the female owner makes you feel welcome and comfortable. Head chef was friendly and chatty during service. The waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and very friendly. We both ate off the lunch menu, 3 delicious courses for £8.95. Best lunch I have had out in months. This is now my favourite independent restaurant in town and I will definitely be going back!

There are newer reviews for Daphne Restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had not read any other reviews until we had been there, but certainly can endorse what others have said now I have read them. Very attentive service, and genuine food. Meze freshly made and super baklava. Shame more people were not there as this restaurant deserves a good clientele. Very nice decor.

1  Thank cotswolds47
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The waiter who I presume is the owner was lovely. Gave us loads of good information on places to visit in turkey. He was attentive to our needs and explained to us the fresh ingredients used in the food. Definitely the best service we have had anywhere. The food was delicious, I had the sea bass which was cooked perfectly & my boyfriend had the mixed grill which he really enjoyed. There was a large group sat near us & all the food that was delivered to the table looked delicious. We also had meze, baklava & Turkish coffee all of which were superb. We left with big smiles on our faces & couldn't stop talking about how lovely the whole experience was.

1  Thank Stratton76
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Food nothing special, poor selection mostly with a tomato sauce. Service OK but far too much "hovering by the table" from the waiter and constantly being asked if everything OK was too much attention

1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Just back from our second meal at the Daphne. We ate here a few weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about the food. Tonight was every bit as wonderful! Outstanding sea bass special, beautifully presented, absolutely delicious. Everything we ordered was fantastic! The friendliest service we have had in Cheltenham, by far. We love this place!!