“Would not bother again!!!”
Review of balti walla

balti walla
Ranked #218 of 449 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Would not bother again!!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Chosen as you could take your own drink for a large group get together !! That was about the best thing about this place!!!!
Over priced for bland food !!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wedding33

Newcastle
“Improved”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Kept up the Cheltenham tradition by going after racing. I reviewed it last year saying it had gone downhill. I'm pleased to say that standards were well up again this visit, esp the chicken tikka dhansak. One thing that baffles me is that whenever I go there are hardly any customers, and the restaurant is huge. It's a bit out of the way to attract the racing crowd, but I do wonder how they survive. Sainsbury Local next door for your drinks: BYO no corkage.

• Visited March 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Disgusting service and awful attitudes. Over charged for meal.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went to the balti with 37 other people for a leaving party and disgusted by the rude service we received. The food was served after an hour and a half from ordering, which was only just warm. One of my friends only ordered rice as she did not like Indian, but came to say goodbye to a colleague. She was then asked to leave if she did not order more food so she was forced to get some dry naan bread. The waiter was repeatedly rude throughout the night and to top our evening off we were then over charged for the meal.
The only upside was that we could bring our own drink.

I would not recommend visiting.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank gibson24
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have eaten here many times now as we live locally. BYO is always a plus, and they of course open and pour for you as well.
Have tried many things on the menu, and while they havent been the best curries I have ever had, they are certainly better if not as good as other places I have been to in the county.
its good value for money at the end of the day, which is why we keep returning.

• Visited February 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A fantastic Birthday meal”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My partner took me here to celebrate my Birthday. The staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. I had let slip that it was my birthday and after we had finished our main courses, the staff brought me a dessert with a birthday candle in, it really made my night :)
Excellent value for money, the Sunday Banquet was £9.95 for a starter, main course, and a choice of rice or naan. All could be chosen from the menu.

• Visited March 2013