“Everything you need.”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Lavender Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Perfect for al fresco refreshments
Entrance to Lavender Cottage
The River Windrush flows through the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
The River Windrush in the centre of Bourton-on-the-Water
Bourton-on-the-Water
The village wildlife
Ooops! Only joking. You'll have to travel to Arizona USA for this view
Bourton on the Water celebrates Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bluebird1...
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Everything you need.”
Reviewed June 27, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

This cottage is well appointed, well kept and well stock. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The only downside are the stairs, which could be awkward if you do have mobility problems.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jul 10, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Lavender Cottage. I'm pleased that you appreciated the amenities provided.
We do make the point in our listing that Lavender Cottage is not suitable for guests with mobility issues as these old cottages can present a challenge. We've welcomed guests from 6 weeks old to 86 years old who have thoroughly enjoyed their stay here and have had no problems negotiating their way around the cottage and garden. However, mobility is a very personal thing, so I do encourage guests to consider this aspect.
NBrisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect cottage ”
Reviewed June 9, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

The owners helped us out of a pickle when we arrived in Burton on the Water from Australia to find our original plans had fallen through. We feel incredibly lucky to have stayed here - it’s a beautiful, cosy cottage with everything you need, clean and right in the heart of the town. Loved the little extras provided like great CDs, dvds and cooking bits. Lots of pubs around and not far from other little towns. Park your car and no need to drive! Would love to stay again. Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the Cotswolds.

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience of Lavender Cottage and Bourton-on-the-Water. I'm pleased that we were able to juggle the logistics & help you out of an awkward situation to ensure that you enjoyed your visit to the Cotswolds.
Reviewed May 20, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

May 24, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay at Lavender Cottage. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your family gathering here and that you appreciated all that the cottage & the village have to offer our guests.
Jane S
Barnet, United Kingdom
“Great cottage, amazing location”
Reviewed May 9, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

Lavender cottage in Bourton is in a fantastic location. It’s seconds from the river and the beautiful centre of the village. Within minutes are a wealth of shops, pubs and restaurants. From the house you can do several good walks and of course it’s within close proximity of other lovely Cotswolds villages.
The cottage is well equipped, clean and the hosts are very helpful and kind. On arrival there were ample supplies including bread, juice, milk, tea and coffee. We were also offered the option of an early check in and late check out which helped extend our stay. I would highly recommend a stay here and will consider rebooking in the future.

May 24, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience of the cottage and the area. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the location and the wonderful opportunities for long country walks. I try to offer flexibility for arrival & departure times, but it depends on other bookings. You were lucky this time!
FellowTra...
“My Little Piece of Heaven”
Reviewed May 3, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I just spent 10 days at Lavender Cottage and want to back, now! The cottage is warm and cozy and also has all the conveniences you would ever need. The bed was so comfortable that I slept like a baby and the whole feeling I had in the cottage was that I was home. I really wanted to stay longer! Hilary is such a lovely lady and also a lot of fun to be with. The village of Bourton on the Water is a picturesque and friendly place; I enjoyed walking around the main part of the village and all the little lanes. Trees were blossoming and so were many of the flowers. I am so happy I was able to spend my vacation at Lavender Cottage, and definitely will return!

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
May 5, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience of Lavender Cottage and Bourton-on-the-Water. I enjoyed spending time with you and helping you to explore a few local villages.I know how much you loved being in this beautiful part of England, but feel I should apologise for the typical English weather. Come back in Summer!
Feltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Apr 21, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of Lavender Cottage and the village. I'm pleased that you embraced the typical Bank Holiday weather and that it didn't spoil your stay here. I'm glad you appreciated the amenities and trust that you'll continue with the Scrabble competitions at home. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Reviewed February 24, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

Feb 27, 2018
I know how much you all enjoyed your stay here, so thanks for sharing your experience with this lovely review. It's always good to hear that our guests appreciate the level of service we're offering. Lavender Cottage will look forward to welcoming you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing