“Excellent little holiday home”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The coach house

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
well equipped kitchen
the Coach House
dining area
ipod dock, cd player and radio
dining area
kitchen
reading corner
vanity area with full length mirror, hairdryer and toiletries.
Enter a caption for your photo
bathroom with soft fluffy robes, towels and toiletries
welcome to the Coach House
Enter a caption for your photo
a welcome tea and biscuits
The beautiful village of Bourton ~on ~the~ Water
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 59 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Toine W
“Excellent little holiday home”
Reviewed November 23, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

The Coach House is a perfect little holiday home, we really enjoyed our stay. Bourton on the Water is a lovely village. There are with plenty of opportunities in vicinity of the village for a nice countryside walk.

Wander3r2...
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Holiday Heaven”
Reviewed September 16, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Great accommodation in lovely location. Had everything we needed. Would recommend to everyone visiting the Cotswolds.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quality and comfort of furniture & fittings.
Liked least: Poor reception on ITV channels.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
AGS070215
Kent, United Kingdom
“Unclean and Dirty Property”
Reviewed June 23, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Booked the property on the back of recent reviews. WHAT A MISTAKE!
Arrived to dirty property. Thick dust everywhere, clearly not been cleaned. Contacted owner with pictures on day of arrival stating I was unhappy. At first no apology and told me cleaner had cleaned property, even though pictures show weeks of thick dust. We were told by owner that if we were not happy, we should leave after our first night for refund. We did not travel 4 hours on my 4 month old daughters first holiday, just to stay one night. The owner was very unhelpful and stated I was harassing her and holding her to ransom, when I suggested we were compensated for having to clean on arrival. I suggested £50 compensation after paying £450 for the stay.
The sofa is well worn and is very uncomfortable, we ended up sitting on dining room chairs. The mattress on bed dips in the centre giving you a bad back, and duvet and pillows only come in feather, so if you suffer from allergies you are going to struggle like me.
I complained to holiday Lettings who stated the owner was responsible. I received a cheque for £35 from the owner which I didn't agree to, and now the owner is not responding to any emails.
I would avoid this property and look elsewhere.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Property dirty and poorly furnished
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 4, 2015
Thank you for taking time to write a review, I do feel I need to clarify a couple of things- on arrival you rang me to say you were not happy with the cleanliness of the kitchen, but said the rest of the house was spotless, after talking to you I offered you a full refund if you wanted to leave, at no time did i ask you to leave, you replied you had not traveled for three and a half hours, to go straight back. After 24 hours of lengthy phone calls & emails you asked me to send you £50, I agreed to compensate you for having to clean the BT vision box, and sent you £35 which i thought was a fair price, you then rang me when the money did not arrive the next day, to see where it was and when it would be arriving. I answered every daily email you sent, apologising over and over for the dust on the BT box, which is housed in a narrow space of the TV cabinet, you then rang me after five days of your stay to say there was a cobweb on the ceiling. If you had let me know beforehand that you had a feather allergy I would gladly of changed all the bedding for you, as I have done for previous guests. Every guest comments on how comfortable the bed is, and I am sorry if you are suffering a bad back, as for not answering your emails, I answered every one , I am extremely sorry you did not enjoy your stay, I am confident the cleanliness problem you had will never happen again.
exbarman
“Perfect relaxing stay”
Reviewed May 13, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My wife and I spent a week here in late April. After having a difficult start to the year for various reasons we were both in need of a relaxing, peaceful break and in The Coach House we found the perfect place.

Communication from and with Sharon, the owner, is excellent from the start and she even took the time to write to us with recommendations for restaurants that provide gluten-free options as I had mentioned that my wife is coeliac.

As many others have said, it is the small touches that make the Coach House stand out from what is a considerable crowd. On arrival the first thing to greet you in the lounge is a small tray with two mugs, tea, coffee, biscuits and a welcoming note. There is also a carton of milk and some bottled water in the fridge. Indeed there are many more little touches however to list them here would be to spoil the surprise and the fun of discovering them all when you arrive.

The apartment is bright and airy and opening the blinds in the lounge area allows natural light to stream in. The bed was very comfortable with high quality linen.

The short walk into Bourton is very pleasant and easy and we also enjoyed the recommended walk to Lower Slaughter which is truly picture-postcard England.

In short we would thoroughly recommend The Coach House to anyone looking for a relaxing break. We felt as if we were being cared for by a welcoming, attentive host throughout which, given that we did not meet Sharon personally, speaks volumes for the quality and attention to detail that defines this place.

Liked best: Relaxing ambience
Liked least: Nothing
thebex1
Horndon-on-the-Hill, United Kingdom
“perfect weekend”
Reviewed April 12, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed here over the Easter weekend, what a lovely place,cleanvery comfortable and homely. Everything you could possibly need is waiting for you, inc milk, coffee, tea, coffee machine, condiments and bathrobes.The bed is very comfortable and the area peaceful so we had great nights sleep. The whole apartment was tastefully decorated.
The village of Bourton is a ten min stroll, not worth taking the car as it gets very busy and finding a place to park not worth it. Bourton on the water wow very picturesque with lots if things to do
museams etc and places to eat, whatever it is you fancy, do have a cream tea delicious. We would deffinately stay here again when we visit the cotswold again. Fantastic weekend.

Lee R
“Home from home”
Reviewed January 23, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This is the second time which we have stayed at the Coach House and both times we have found it to be a very clean, comfortable and relaxing place to stay within walking distance of both Bourton and Lower Slaughter.

It does almost feel like a home from home (rather than a holiday home) with the added advantage of being based in such a fantastic area. The owners add some nice touches as well to make you feel welcome, such as putting a pint of milk in the fridge for you before you arrive.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great selection of books to read
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Families with young children
00kay0
“excellent”
Reviewed September 5, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This is a lovely apartment, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Every little detail has been thought of. Would recommend to anyone!

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing