“A gem within a gem” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1451 821255
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the picturesque village of Bourton on the Water, the Cotswold Motoring Museum is a fascinating journey through the 20th century that the whole family can enjoy. The Museum is bulging with great cars, quaint caravans, precarious looking motorcycles, enamel signs and an intriguing collection of motoring curiosities! Brum, the BBC TV's little super hero car whose adventures start and end at the museum can be found here every day.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A gem within a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We love to pop over to the Cotswolds occasionally and we have been to Bourton many times, but never been to this museum. To be honest, I have always avoided it because it always looked a bit small and I thought there would not be a great deal to see. How wrong was I?! There were so many interesting exhibits and the museum seemed to go on and on. Being a child of the 50s there was much here to bring back happy memories of days spent with pals collecting registration numbers and identifying different models. Some great manufacturers that sadly are no longer with us such as Hillman, Morris, Austin and Singer, to name just a few. Entrance fee was £9 each and we got more than our money's worth as we were in there a good two hours. As well as the motors themselves, there was a lot of motoring memorabilia such as old enamel signs for names long gone (who remembers National Benzol?). And there is a lovely gift shop. In future, when we visit Bourton-on-the Water instead of avoiding this lovely museum we shall be making a bee line for it.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surprisingly brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I wasn't expecting much to be honest but we had a wonderful time at the motoring museum. Lot's to see and do, very very interesting and great for a photographer!

Wrexham, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“BR BR Brilliant!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Everything from old cars, caravans, childrens' toys and games, toy shop and fun fun fun!! If you do not do anything else do this exhibition. Wonderful museum and a lot of care and attention has went in to taking us through the ages. A trip down memory lane and nostalgic feelings will keep coming back no matter what age you are!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Margaret C
Amazingstoke, Hants, UK.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Thought I'd never get the old boy to leave :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went to the Cotswolds for the weekend for my other halfs birthday. He loves anything to do with cars so thought this would be worth a visit. Great way to spend a couple of hours and the tickets are valid all day so you can always go round again! Very well laid out and plenty of information about the various cars. Not really my cup of tea but I found it extremely enjoyable, better than expected. The staff in the shop were very friendly and helpful. Could have spent a fortune in the shop :)

1 Thank Pinkskwiff
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trip down memory lane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We were in Bourton on Wednesday last and failed to have time to visit this little gem of a museum. So on our way home from holiday we thought we'd take a slight detour and try again.
Well the detour was well worth it, because what we found was an absolutely cracking little museum. There was something for all the age groups in our party, from myself at the top end of the age group to my youngest son as well. The collection of stuff at this place is just wonderful and it certainly took me on a little trip down memory lane. I would really recommend you take time to check this place out especially if you've owned an old classic car in the past.
Also a special mention should go to the lady who helped me out when I needed a baby bottle heated you were really helpful and made the visit a little more comfortable.
Thank you!!