“Unbelievably entertaining!”
Review of Bibury Trout Farm

Bibury Trout Farm
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Bibury
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We visited on a damp afternoon at the beginning of August......and it was so good that we went back a week later with some friends! Feeding the fish was so very entertaining and the adults in the group found it a very relaxing afternoon out. We were there for a couple of hours. I don't think of myself as an anorak but honestly.....I think I could easily spend a day there. They sell charcoal in the shop as well as trout so you can take advantage of their brick barbecues for an impromptu lunch if you feel like it. We'll definitely be going back; it was great fun!

There are newer reviews for Bibury Trout Farm

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very interesting and worth a visit if you have children. They will like to see the feeding of the fish and how the whole Trout Farm came about.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent a wonderful couple of hours on the Trout Farm. Unexpectedly (given it's the Cotswolds and I always think things are a tad expensive there) it was excellent value for money. Even if you don't do the fishing, you can wander around the grounds marvelling at the fish and generally feeling at peace with the world. They supply a couple (3 I think) of BBQs you can use if you feel like cooking your lunch and there's also a little playarea for the younger ones. The real coup for our family though was that included in the entrance price the farm supplies the equipment for everyone to have a fish. Now you need to be aware that whatever you catch, will need to be killed, paid for and taken home with you. For 4 fish they charged us £15, but in my mind that was worth every penny. The kids loved every minute of it and with expert instruction even participated in the gutting, which I know may sound a bit offputting, but we all thought was educational and interesting. If you're really lucky, Peter from Adelaide will be the guy who accompanies you to the fishing river. What a lovely man. He was brilliant with the kids (and the adults) and couldn't do enough to help. Although, the young chap who served us and helped with the gutting was also brilliant, so hopefully that runs throughout all of the farms staff. All in all, thoroughly recommended. One tip - if you're planning to fish and have a longish drive home, take a cool box. You WILL catch fish.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Loads of fun feeding the fish and in such a pretty little village, me and my sisters have lovely childhood memories of going here and would really recommend as a great day out for families with young children

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Anyone can catch a fresh trout here at the farm and the Australian gentleman who helped my 8 year-old catch his first fish was a superstar! Beautiful setting and a wonderful idea - very pricey though.

1  Thank nyjet23