“delightful setting of a friendly well organised hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bibury
Mollington, United Kingdom
“delightful setting of a friendly well organised hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

my husband and i have just returned from a sublime sunday break at the hotel.The setting is perfect very quintisential!The hotel was clean tasteful decor and staff very friendly and attentive.We had sunday lunch inc in our booking.A lovely meal good size portions we didnt need any thing else for the remainder of the day!The breakfast was equally plentiful and tasty.Albeit its a 4star hotel it is not at all stuffy and staff were so attentive and helpful.i think if you dont enjoy your stay here youre quite hard to please!we shall be back,although alot of people said it gets extremely busy in the summer months so maybe low season is best!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank mumski836

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

My companion and I have had lunch at The Swan many times over the last 3 years and we are never disappointed. We always eat in the Bar as we prefer the ambience: comfy chairs, cushions, big roaring fire!

The food is truly delicious. One pays a bit more for quality but I would not say it is extortionately priced.

We are definitely going back.... I just booked a B&B and dinner package in Feb for his birthday!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We recently stayed for one night just to get away from it all. We booked directly with the hotel rather than late rooms and got a far better deal. Basically for £5 less we got a three course meal on top of late rooms price. So definitely recommend trying the hotel first. My only and major issue was the size of the portions of food and the price of the drinks. Now, it could be said that compared with late rooms I was infact getting the food for nothing so anything was value. This is of course not true and I expected more than two plate (not) fuls of not much for starter and mains. It was very tasty but minuscule in portion size. The drinks were also dear. However, this aside the staff were lovely and the room was nice. I may opt to return one day but would go up the road to the other pub for dinner.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John L
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Went to Swan Hotel for dinner and breakfast recently as we attended a wedding and a party in the area - I cannot fault how well maintained this property is, the only problem I have is how expensive the food and drinks were!

I assume you pay for the exquisite location and the poshness of the hotel but my goodness, it is very pricey. The quality is ok but nevermind, it was a pleasant experience in the end. The view around the area is magnificent too so that is definitely worth the visit at least.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hagley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went to the hotel in December for my second visit. The room coincidently was the same room which we had previously enjoyed which was great
Being Christmas the decorations and atmosphere contributed to an overall fantastic experience .
Food is local produce and something to look forward for breakfast
I’m looking forward to my next visit in the spring

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
west mids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We booked only one night as we were only travelling through. We got a deal for bed and breakfast, and we're given a river vIew no.8 it was a beautiful room and the bathroom was big also. My husband is a fisherman, so was keen to see the river which was as expected in flood. The trout farm was worth a trip which you have to pay for. The restaurant is modern, food excellent and staff were very attentive, could not fault anything. The cosy snug is very welcomIng with an open fire. A very good choice of hotel.

Room Tip: I am sure all would be nIce, but no. 8 is a lovely room