The Swan Hotel
$158
Travelocity
$85
$78
Premier Inn Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
$84
PremierInn.com
$157
  • Restaurant
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
$128
$88
$74
Agoda.com
Barnsley House(Barnsley)
Riverside House(Cirencester)
Kings Head Hotel(Cirencester)
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrout farmarlington rowbeautiful villagelovely hotelhot tubhuge bathroomfour posterbar menuwhopperwedding breakfastturn down servicepretty villageafternoon teamolton brown toiletriesthe cottagessunday lunchwine list
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at the Swan for one night on a winter warmer deal last weekend for our anniversary, the service was excellent from all staff, from the receptionist, to the barman, to the restaurant manager & the waitresses. The place has a wonderful warm feel to it & was perfect for a winter break. Loved drinking mulled wine in the welcoming & comfortable bar area with the open fire crackling away. The restaurant had a nice feel to it & the food was tasty, along with the little chef treats. The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable. I cannot fault this hotel & have only got good things to say about it :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

All other staff we came across were lovely and the building and rooms are absolutely gorgeous, but there is one receptionist that has such an attitude as to sour your entire impression of the place - what a shame!

I'm afraid I did not catch her name, but avoid like the plague and you should be fine. Dark bobbed hair, looks very unhappy and angry with her life, I'd direct questions elsewhere, as her responses are officious, defensive and off-putting.

I also got the impression there is rather a bitter rivalry with other local businesses which is a bit of a red flag - not sure I'd trust any recommendations to be unbiased and accurate.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing at all against a bit of healthy competition, but I don't think there's any need for it to be bitter or for any bad-mouthing.

So, go forth and enjoy, its a gorgeous place, its just let down by the receptionist.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katy_L_M123
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for his birthday, we spent 3 nights in the 'Whooper Suite', which is a separate cottage to the hotel, with its own 6 person Hot Tub. I have nothing but great comments for the hotel, the cottage, the hot tub, the food, the staff, excellent all the way. Nothing was too much trouble. We felt spoilt and loved every minute of our stay, and have already agreed to come back again and again. The Whooper Suite, was immaculate, a little haven away from the stress of daily life. We had Champagne waiting for us on our arrival with chocolates and Molton Brown gift set. We enjoyed Champagne in the Hot Tub every night. Very romantic. Would highly recommend to anyone wishing for a relaxing time away. Thank you too all the staff for making our stay so special.

Room Tip: 'The Whooper Suite'
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for the weekend and was blown away by the quality of the food and how pleasant the staff were. Stayed on a half-board deal with a superior double room (room 3, can't remember the name) overlooking the village for 2 nights. A slightly quirky room with our bathroom having a window overlooking the bar/restaurant outside seating area but the window blind sorted that out. There were nice touches with the complimentary tea and coffee selection and local mineral water. The set menu was different on both evenings but the flavours on everything we ordered was amazing, neither of us was disappointed with anything we ordered. We didn't drink in the bar so can't comment on previous reviews concerning the bar staff. The only thing to be aware of, and this is nothing to do with the hotel, is the lack of mobile phone coverage. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I recommend it? Definitely.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The hotel is very traditional (apart from the cafe area - a real shame as it doesn't really work)
The bar, restaurant and rooms are all very pleasant. We were in Butterfly room which was a good size with a huge bathroom. The gardens are very attractive and it's easy to see why lots of weddings are held here. The food in the gallery restaurant was very well presented but the overriding flavour was garlic in both our meals which lacked real seasoning. The breakfast , however was excellent. Bibury is a very pretty village and worth an overnight stay.