Tripadvisor

from $61.27
from $63.71
from $57.18
More Info
All reviews the cottages trout farm beautiful village swan hotel tourist buses japanese tourists national trust pretty village tour buses taking pictures english village wool store picture postcard worth a stop circular walk cotswold stone lovely place
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2019

Arlington row is a beautiful set of Cotswolds cottages made famous by a number of films. We enjoyed looking at them, but in fact they are probably the only reason to go to Bibury for. A very small village with one shop, a pub and a post office. Extremely beautiful setting, but the day we chose to go we were outnumbered by coach loads of tourists, also going to look at Arlington Row. I think one of the cottages is even available for rental, but with all the tourists it’s not somewhere we would choose to stay.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

The small town of Bibury is beautiful, quaint and so picturesque! You can walk about town and along the beautiful river, to admire the large swans and many ducks that call it home. Please do not be so bold to trespass people’s homes for a photo op; you’re ruining it for the rest of us, who respect those who live there. Admiring and taking pictures from afar will suffice, as the surroundings are quite spectacular. You will feel transported back in time, with the beauty of the well preserved homes and church. There are a few places to eat, and public bathrooms. I enjoyed my short visit and highly recommend a stop to other travelers.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019

As we drove from Highclere...to Bampton...on up to Stow-on-the-Wold, we decided to stop in Bibury for lunch. After all, it is promoted as the most "picturesque" village in England.

It is that...but it is also very touristy. We arrived around lunchtime...and there was nowhere to park. Since it was a stop and not a "stay," we parked at Catherine's Wheel for lunch...then walked up afterwards to the Bibury Trout Farm and Arlington Row.

If I go again, I will find a place to stay overnight...so that I can better enjoy the lovely atmosphere...but driving in that small area is not fun. The lunch was great!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

I believe this is one of the most photographed places in the UK and I can see why. The cottages are absurdly pretty and their rather haphazard alignment adds to their beauty. Also the golden stone and their setting by the River Colin is perfect.

Parking is a bit or a nightmare and it is difficult to take a photo because of all the Japanese tourists taking selfies. However it is still worth the effort I think.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2019

Bibury is a lovely little place, very busy even in late September but well worth visiting. The much photographed Arlington Row was beautiful in the sunshine and we spent quite a while wandering around.

Date of experience: September 2019