“Good food”
Review of The Sun Inn

The Sun Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went to The Sun for lunch with a friend. Pub/restaurant dining, interesting dishes and reasonable prices. Young staff and good service. only problem for me is that I am allergic to garlic so had very limited choice as most dishes were prepared with some garlic content, however I can recommend the scallops. My friend had soup (too many lentils to her taste) but said the liver was delicious and cooked to perfection. Coffee in big mugs and good. Two strong points, linen napkins and free bread with oil, a good selling point we thought.

• Visited February 2014

Essex
“Amazing innovative chef.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great cider great food, warm log fire, lovely staff, this place has the best to offer locally Ina relaxed atmosphere.

Visited February 2014
Blandford
“Excellant welcome”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were a party of 8 looking for a good place for Sunday lunch and managed to book The Sun on Saturday afternoon. When we arrived, there had been a misunderstanding so our booking was for only two people. However, things were quickly sorted and they managed to find us a table for 8 at our desired time. The menu was varied, with something to everyone's taste; there was also a very good wine list. We had a large table in an alcove, with plenty of room for us all, yet allowing us to chat away from other tables. Our only slight disappointment was that the service was a little slow towards the end, which wouldn't normally have bothered us but 6 of our party had long journeys ahead of them. It was also understandable as the restaurant was busy and clearly very popular! It's good to see an inn that still retains a decent bar area too, for those who just want a drink.

• Visited January 2014
London
“Pub in the High Street”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is the place for excellent food, whether a light snack at lunchtime or proper dinner of an evening. Excellent service, great healthy food using local produce, and a good list of wines. You can prop up the bar if you want or retreat to the dining room at the back for a great meal.

Visited January 2014
Upminster, United Kingdom
“The best lunch I can remember!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Sought out the Sun Inn following its rating in Trip Advisor. Comfy trad pub atmosphere with log fire and oak beams. The food was lovely, especially the dessert I had, and I say this as someone who has a savoury tooth and doesn't have puddings much or think much of those I have had. This, the almond sponge, rated as one of the best things I've eaten, with a perfect blend of sweetness and bitterness. I ate off the set menu, which is changed every week, and had beautifully cooked and succulent calves liver for my main course. It was great value at 2 courses plus coffee for £16.50. There was a separate a la carte menu, which is small, but seemed to have some original items on it, which are also different from the set menu. The staff were very friendly and my only slight concern was that service was a little slow. Some of the tables are set up formally for dining with tablecloths, glasses etc, but there is waiter service to all tables. Parking - if you can't park outside there is a car park which is about 4-5 minutes walk away. Not sure, but there may also be parking behind the pub.

• Visited January 2014