“Lunch with friend”
Review of The Sun Inn

The Sun Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Dedham
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My friend and I decided to have a quick lunch before taking her dog for a walk. We took Lucky in with us and he loved it. We had chicken livers with baby beet root it was really good . I found the Sun very relaxing and would recommend a visit to anyone.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Always a pleasure to visit this pub. The greeting is always warm and friendly. The beautiful fires make witnters here a real joy. reasonably priced for a pub of this quality. Food is always excellent. Decor fantastic and very suited to Dedham. Will visit again and again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We dined as a foursome recently. Overall I was VERY impressed. A couple of years back the quality at the Sun seemed to have dipped .... but no longer. As a starter I had a Tomato pasta dish served with a tomato jus, which was stunningly good. Wonderfully intense flavour of tomatoes. A special mention also for the Focaccio bread served with the starter which was probably the best I've ever had. Beautiful crumbly texture & flavour. My main course was a sliced loin of pork dish. Superb tender meat topped with lovely tender pieces of crackling, which were just right. No danger to any fillings. I had a fig tart to finish which didn't disappoint. Pleasant ambience, polite service and sensible prices. Perhaps I should give them 5 stars?
A strong recommend. I/we will return..................soon!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Following a beautiful walk to Flatford Mill we were ready for lunch and very pleasantly pleased with the reception and menu choice. We both had soup followed by partridge and rump steak. All well presented and full of flavour. The complementary breads and oil was a nice touch.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate fixed price dinner menu, which was great value, and really well cooked. Chicken Livers to start and Braised Pigeon. The wet polenta was perfect, and delicious. Service slightly let it down, small things, none individually important, and nothing that marred a lovely evening, and stay over. Thank you.